How Does AI Work?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
ofcbill
Cadet
Cadet

How Does AI Work?

Post by ofcbill »

Please forgive my stupidity, but how does the whole AI work anyway? I am really new at this.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

This is a windup, right?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by Ford Friendly »

do re mi... Do you believe in "maaaaajic"????? do re mi

I do. I do. Indubitdubly I do!
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

A perfectly valid question, really. I don't know. Where is the coding for the AI engine and, 4 or so years down the line with FS4, why have no inroads into it be made by the many talented developers out there? Or has MS got it locked away, ne're to be revealed?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I think it's just not been a priority with MS for this simulator. No, they'd rather put simulated elephants marching around the plains in Africa then to more fully develop the AI engine. :roll:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

The truth behind AI is that Uncle Bill has genetically engineered little tiny pilots that fly these planes. What else could explain the sometimes erratic behavior of AI a/c? We all know that computers are infallible, and tis the pilot's that make the mistakes.:lol: !

In all seriousness, I too would like to know how it works, but it would be like trying to explain programming to a brick... :D