I'm Still a Little Confused

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
ofcbill
Cadet
Cadet

I'm Still a Little Confused

Post by ofcbill »

I am totally new to this AI business. What should I see if I have installed the packages correctly? What should I do to make them work the right way? What is CTP and how do I find it? Honest guys I am not trying to jerk someones chain.
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

To start with, are you famiar with TTools? To be able to find the aircraft you want to see, you need to be able to decompile the traffic .bgl and look at the flightplans. This is actually a simple process but if you don't have TTools (by Lee Swordy), download it from Avsim and read the instructions. This is the best starting place I can think of, but someone else may have a better suggestion. We can go from there. :)
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

@ofcbill,
Nobody was giving you a hard time about your earlier post regarding how AI works. Most of us were just letting off steam...lol. And admitting that we really don't know how it works...exactly. We just know what to do to get it to work like we want it to...most of the time.

Do install TrafficTools. The instructions are very good and you will learn alot from them.

Then all you have to do it simply go to an airport that's listed at the appropriate time and you will see aircraft.
Kevin Jarvis

ofcbill
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks Folks

Post by ofcbill »

Thanks folks I am starting to get a better idea of the concept.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

I wasn't letting off steam. I just couldn't understand the question. If you have a specific question, please post it. If you haven't a clue, then please think before you post.

It's quite simple really. Think before you ask.

Moderators input: Easy there Celtic, we were all newbies at one point.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by Ford Friendly »

KevinJarvis wrote:@ofcbill,
Nobody was giving you a hard time about your earlier post regarding how AI works. Most of us were just letting off steam...lol. And admitting that we really don't know how it works...exactly. ...
That was definitely what I was doing. It's not a black art, but it does have its quirks and weird aspects in actual implementation. My suggestion is like most here's - get TTools, read the manual/help file, decompile a working flightplan and try to understand what one line means. Then write a one line plan of your own using the same format.