MAIW package question

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

MAIW package question

Post by Joseph29 »

If I install a package, but don't want to install all the planes that came with the package will that have any effect on my FS9? (slow framerates or sutters while FS9 looks for those planes I did not install?)

PS: I am not sure this is the right place to ask this question since it is not a question about a specific MAIW package. Please move this thread if it is in the wrong place. :)
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

If you do a manual install, you can then choose with components you want to install. So if all you want is AFCAD(s) and Voicepacks, for example, then you can choose to only install those features. You would just not install the traffic file and aircraft.

So, no... as long as you don't install the traffic file looking for those aircraft(and even then I don't think it will cause frame rate issues) you won't see any adverse results.
--Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Just so I got it right, I want to leave out the Gulfstream 5's that came with the MAIW Israel package but install everything else, I should be good right?
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Ah... I'm not exactly sure how FS9 will handle that because the traffic file will look for that aircraft title. I don't think it would affect frame rates though as I've misspelled titles in my flight plans before which made the aircraft simply not show up but it didn't seem to stutter while it looked for it.

I would just decompile the traffic file and remove the aircraft you don't want from the aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt, in this case the Gulfstream V. Then recompile and you'll be on your way.
--Chris
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Just remove the G-V from the aircraft folder. Then they won't appear in the IDF flightplans.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by RipPipPip »

Or just hide their aircraft.cfg, no FPS overhead expected :wink:
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks guys :)
SMOC wrote:I would just decompile the traffic file and remove the aircraft you don't want from the aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt, in this case the Gulfstream V. Then recompile and you'll be on your way.
I started doing this...........
VulcanDriver wrote:Just remove the G-V from the aircraft folder. Then they won't appear in the IDF flightplans.

John
But I ended up just doing this. I figured if I ever want to add those planes to my flight sim in the future this would be the easiest thing to do.