Proposed Future Projects

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Proposed Future Projects

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Hi all, just wanted to share a thought about future projects. A while ago I was working on a scenery for CFB Cold Lake and as it turned out it was finished at the same time as a release from Alphasim. To possibly avoid this faus pax in the future I would like to share with you my list of projects (rather a long one) so I don't step on anyones toes.

Anyone with any interest in working on these bases (or if you just have some info or experiences to share) is strongly encouraged to jump in.
Attachments
Projects.jpg
Projects.jpg (101.82 KiB) Viewed 314 times
Last edited by JohnStinstrom on 04 Jun 2008, 05:39, edited 4 times in total.
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Now that I have just aquired EZScenery from Abacus, I'm going to fiddle with my local airport before tackling Scott AFB in southern Illinios.

I"m going to Scott this summer to see the Thunderbirds so I will not only have satellite views to work off of but some in person shots as well.
Kevin Jarvis

MLMC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MLMC »

Well, I don't know how much it has to do with MAIW, but I have been trying to work on a Forest Fire AI project, which includes military aircraft, both former and current. (Mostly C130s) I thought about doing a Greybull, Wyoming project for Hawkins and Powers, but it seems that they aren't used as much anymore. I have been fiddling around with AFCAD's and such and seeing what I can do to try and make it realistic. I don't know if any of you have ever seen an actual air fire situation, its pretty cool to watch and listen to... (usually AC90's at up high directing traffic-which is mostly C90's or B58's leading P-2's or P-3's into retardant drop zones, as well as the SEATs-and telling other traffic to get out of the way!) I always thought that it would be something fun to see in FS. Sorry it is a bit off the military topic, but I figured it was the most appropriate website to discuss this stuff on, as the rest seem to not have much action, or are devoted to Airbus, Boeing, Embraer, and Bomardier!
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

This sounds like a good idea, John, and thank you for all the scenery you have released so far.

One thing I noticed about your list is a geographical faux pas. Diego Garcia is in the Indian ocean, not the Pacific!
Where ever you go, there you are.
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Would love to see BIKF and LPLA, John. I have many AI flying there.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
basezaragozavirtual
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by basezaragozavirtual »

Hi John

Virtual spanish Armada has a Rota scenery and they are working into a new one. You can take a look at www.bvr.es

You can make other spanish scenery, as Morón AB or Torrejon AB.

Thank you!
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Bell 209 »

Some of the original team are workling on a follow up to RAAF AI for FSX and FS9. This one will cover the entire ADF and feature several new models but no scenery this time. We hope to release before mid-year.
airplanedoktor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by airplanedoktor »

Hi John,

Thanks for doing Cold Lake - I love it, never mind I lived there or 3 years :D

Glad to see, and I thank you in advance for doing for doing Trenton - lived there too! It'll be good to see with the MAIW Herk package and a few C-17s tossed in. Can't wait :D
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Proposed Future Projects

Post by awj112 »

JohnStinstrom wrote:Hi all, just wanted to share a thought about future projects. A while ago I was working on a scenery for CFB Cold Lake and as it turned out it was finished at the same time as a releast from Alphsim. To possibly avoid this faus pax in the future I would like to share with you my list of projects (rather a long one) so I don't step on anyones toes. It could also save us both a lot of work so if you happen to be doing any of these please post and I will get off. Also I hope users will continue to post their own project lists shots so we can share information and maybe save each other some work. Just a thought and thanks for listening.
For the record, I like your Cold Lake better. It has been getting a lot of use.