RAAF Retires 707s - 30th June 2008

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

RAAF Retires 707s - 30th June 2008

Post by CrazyDunc »

11 February – The Royal Australian Air Force, with a touch of sadness, is offering seats aboard a first-class function to celebrate the ‘End of an Era’ in Australia for the Boeing 707, which will be retired at RAAF Base Richmond on 30 June 2008, closing a 29-year long chapter in RAAF history.
The final Boeing 707 tanker transport in RAAF is sporting a colourful tail scheme to mark its last six months of service. Crew in front of the new tail to a B707: Wing Commander (WGCDR) Jim Ghee, Flying Officer (FLGOFF) Jason O'Toole, Warrant Officer (WOFF) Peter Brady, Corporal (CPL) Osama (Sam) Tissawak.

An 'End of an Era' function at RAAF Base Richmond will celebrate the contribution of past and present members of the RAAF B707 community on 28 June, 2008.

The Boeing 707 ‘End of an Era’ Hangar Bash is open to all current and previous members of No. 33 Squadron, former members of No. 33 Flight, previous members of No. 37 Squadron who operated, maintained and supported the Boeing 707, and anyone else who can demonstrate a connection with the operational support of the RAAF Boeing 707.

Further details are available on the RAAF website at the link below.

To mark the aircraft's final six months in service, the final Boeing 707 tanker transport (the A20-624 ‘Richmond Town’) is sporting a colourful new tail scheme.
More info Here: http://www.defence.gov.au/DefenceBlog/2 ... 7.htm#B707

Nice tail art :)
Regards,
Dunc
Dark Morelia
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Dark Morelia »

:cry: :cry: :cry: I sure will miss em.
Once they're gone there'll only be Hercs at Richmond, since the A330s will be based at Amberley :(
I guess the residents of Richmond and Windsor will be happy they're no longer getting deafened constantly though :lol:
Drew >>

MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

it didnt take too long, could change it round with the one in the MAIW pack.
Attachments
Farewell B707.zip
Heres the file if you want, replace it with A20-624
(145.78 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

I remember when one of them came through New Orleans back in 2003. They broke down for a while with a bum generator. I was able to get a squadron patch off of them. They will definently be missed.

subs
Cadet
Cadet

Post by subs »

MACC,

Just to let you know, there is additional text next to the L1 door: "29 years of service to the Nation".

It is in the same font as the tail section and appears only on the port side, not the starboad side.

Sorry, I no longer have the link for the pictures, but should be easily available.

Subs
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

thanks subs, ill have to get it changed, noticed a sticker on one of the engine too. :oops: