F-16s at Nassau?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

F-16s at Nassau?

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

While checking out the Carribean Defense force AI, I found four HTAI F-16s. There call signs were Mako and they launched. I followed for a while and they went South. I gave up when they passed Kingston Jamacia. Was this part of the package or do I have strays in my sim??
GZR_SACTARGETS
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

those are part of our Southeastern ANG package, from the callsign their from Homestead ARB located in Florida
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

That's half the fun of MAIW packages, you never know what's going to pop up where!!
Where did I put my beer??!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Maybe they are down there for some R&R? :lol:
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Thanks, I think I have every package loaded in. I keep saying I will build some kind of table to keep track--but that is one of those things it is easy to procrastinate. Besides, the surprises are another bit of fun. :twisted:
GZR_SACTARGETS
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

i found 4 langley raptors at shaw.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

I find Beale KC-135s pretty much everywhere lol. Everytime I fly commercially into an airport I see a -135 from Beale and after my flight I have to go into AFCAD and add in the military parking lol. Imagine pulling up to the Delta terminal at KSLC with a -135 chillin among the UPS guys on the UPS ramp.

First thought: "Well that's not right...." :D
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Adding the right parking at airfields where the AI are transients is one of the things that could be done with a table and AFCAD mods. But it is a monumental task.
I think you would need an aircraft list, the places it transits, and of course the parking ID from the aircraft cfg files. Might be something you could do with excel or a windows table- but it is going to take a lot of data in columns and rows. Probably be a huge table. Might have to try just one AI package at a time. Just some thinking outloud. :twisted:
GZR_SACTARGETS
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Adding the right parking at airfields where the AI are transients is one of the things that could be done with a table and AFCAD mods. But it is a monumental task.
I think you would need an aircraft list, the places it transits, and of course the parking ID from the aircraft cfg files. Might be something you could do with excel or a windows table- but it is going to take a lot of data in columns and rows. Probably be a huge table. Might have to try just one AI package at a time. Just some thinking outloud.
After I "discover" them I just open up google earth, find that airport, open up AFCAD, and put the mil parking where I need it one airport (or two lol) at a time. in the KSLC example I just went in and added the Utah ANG parking which is a KC-135 wing based out of KSLC. Took me all of 20 minutes to make it all nice and purdy :D
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Jumpshot724 wrote:I find Beale KC-135s pretty much everywhere lol. Everytime I fly commercially into an airport I see a -135 from Beale and after my flight I have to go into AFCAD and add in the military parking lol. Imagine pulling up to the Delta terminal at KSLC with a -135 chillin among the UPS guys on the UPS ramp.

First thought: "Well that's not right...." :D
That happens to me all the time now. Last time it happened it was at KSFO with a 135 from one of the Air National Guard units.