Needed = RWY12 objects (anything used by the RAF)

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
MACC
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Needed = RWY12 objects (anything used by the RAF)

Post by MACC »

As the title says im looking for RAF RWY12 objects, if you have one thts in a .mdl file i'd be happy to do the rest.
Ground equipment is most needed.

Thanks in advance
macc
Last edited by MACC on 31 Mar 2008, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

A little please wouldnt go a miss mate.....manners cost nothing LOL.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Macc,

Not sure what exactly you are after, but if you go to AVSim and search for "Ted Andrews Rwy12", you will find some very good Rwy12 RAF-related libraries.

Cheers,
Martin
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

Sorry nick, was typed in a hurry as was going to lossie :oops:
The ted andrews stuff is for FSX isn't it gsnde?
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

That's true, Chris. So you probably need it for FS9. I have no idea how the libs do in FS9. Maybe you try one and report your findings?

Cheers,
Martin
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by paul64 »

Hi,
We are of the same, with a similar quest. Try dowloading uk farm strips 1,2 and 3. there are some uk hangars etc... in them. Apart from that uk stuff for fs9 is quite rare. Good luck.
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

Looks like im going to have to try modelling.
Stevo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Stevo »

Hi,

From a scenery designers point of view.

As a scenery designer I put a lot of time and effort into my models, researching, making texture, sometimes even buying photocopies of original plans for specific buildings from the RAF museum.

In my latest Scenery RAF Leuchars, or any of my previous scenery every building in them has been specifically designed for that particular scenery, as such you do sort of become attached to them as you would anything you spend a lot of time on. I've been asked many many times for my models and 99% of the time I say no, simply because I couldnt see my models especially RAF ones which have a specific layout and use, used all over the FS world spreed willy nillie.

So for me and I'm sure a lot of other scenery designers this is why you don't see many generic (RAF) libraries about. I think unless you find someone who is willing to make generic RAF objects to give away such as Ted Andrews then these will always be hard to find.

Plus I've always been a firm believer that if you want something at least have a go yourself. It's easy to have everything placed in your hand ready to use, but life's not like that is it!! LOL

Stevo ;)
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

Right, ive heard about source code thies and the like, and may aswell get good at GMax, maybe i can be a modeller too :lol:
Any hints on making building would be appreciated.

macc
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I agree with Steve on this one. I have created many objects over the last couple of years, and he is right, you become attached to them. Your natural tendency is to hang onto them as long as possible because after all it was you that put a ton of work into creating them.

If I go and create a library of hangar objects and release them publicly, then anyone who can use SBuilder or EZ Scenery can place them and create a semi-custom scenery set for a place of their choosing. What if I wanted to create that base with my objects? Then I've essentially let someone else use my own work, to create a scenery that I wanted to do myself. So it kind of leaves us scenery designers in a bit of a quandry as to what to do.

I will tell you that MAIW has been accumulating a whole host of objects to use in scenery libraries for our projects. The main purpose is to allow our non scenery designers, to enhance their own packages with pre-made objects. via EZ Scenery or whatever. So again, if MAIW releases its objects as soon as we create them, then someone comes along and uses the objects we created for our own projects, to create a scenery set that we may have already been working on.

As an example, the scenery set I'm currently working on, I've been at it for the better part of three months now. That's a lot of my personal time spent at a computer, designing, tweaking, texturing, placing, tweaking some more, creating effects for and testing. So hopefully you can understand why I'm not just going to give these objects away to anyone who wants them.

I hope others can see where myself and the other designers are coming from. I will say this, eventually MAIW wants to release our scenery libraries as stand alone releases, but not until we've had a chance to create the scenery sets that we would like to make. Until then, you will have to wait patiently or give GMax or FSDS a try yourself.

I hope that doesn't sound arrogant or all high and mighty. It's just a feeling you have after putting in so much time and effort into these things.

I will say this, when I decide to call it quits, I will not keep my files to myself. They will all be public domain after that. Nothing is more annoying than when a good designer leaves the FS world and takes all of his designs with him.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

Thanks Mike and steve, you put it very clearly, i understand that and im gonna try to have a go at GMax.