F-22 Visits to Fairford & Farnborough

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

F-22 Visits to Fairford & Farnborough

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

British Invasion: The F-22 fighter will be appearing in the skies over Britain for the first time later this month, demonstrating its prowess at two air international shows. Tomorrow, three Raptors from the 1st Fighter Wing at Langley AFB, Va., along with members of the F-22 demonstration team will make the trek across the Atlantic Ocean for a week-long stint. On July 12 and July 13, Maj. Paul Moga, USAF's first F-22 demonstration pilot, will treat visitors to a single-ship performance at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire, wing spokeswoman 2nd Lt. Georganne Schultz, told the Daily Report. On the following day, Moga will perform at the Farnborough International Air Show outside of London, Schultz said. The F-22s will head back to Langley on July 15, she said. The F-22 Demonstration Team is in its first full season. Last year was its debut year, but not a full season. Normally two aircraft would be sent for such a demonstration, with one serving as a backup. Schultz said, in this case, the decision was made to send three.

From AF Daily report 7 Jul 08
GZR_SACTARGETS
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by CrazyDunc »

Raptors are Due in tonight at 1800Z at Fairford for anyone who wants to have a look see, i may pop down myself :)

Dunc
Regards,
Dunc
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

Displaying 10.30 Saturday and 18.00 Sunday (Times local)
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

Raptors (callsign : Raptor Flight) and there Tanker KC-10A (CAFE 61) are about Half Way across at this time :)

Dunc
Regards,
Dunc
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Rapters

Post by Rotten Ralph »

2 X F16C from Spangdelhelm & 2 x F18F from oceana in at Farnborough at the moment & did their practace displays today as did the V-22 Osprey.
Anyone know when the F22 is going to do its practace at Farnborough?
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Very humid in those shots, made for some great vapor effects off the jet.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Its not humid

Its RAIN RAIN & More RAIN

British Summer :lol:

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -