RIAT Cancelled on Saturday

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

RIAT Cancelled on Saturday

Post by CrazyDunc »

Glad i'm Going Sunday:

Air Tattoo Cancelled on Saturday

AIR TATTOO CANCELLED ON SATURDAY

Due to the unusually heavy rainfall during the past 72 hours, a decision has been made by the organisers of the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire to cancel the airshow on Saturday, July 12.

The cancellation of the airshow on Saturday follows a sustained period of heavy rainfall that has resulted in waterlogged conditions not only in the public car parks but also on the airfield itself. The decision was taken following consultation with the police and other safety services.

Air Tattoo Director Tim Prince said it was the first time the Air Tattoo had ever had to cancel one of its days in its 38-year history.

“It is with great regret that we had to take the decision to cancel the airshow on the Saturday but the safety of the public is paramount.

“When it became clear that we could not guarantee the safety of the many thousands of people who had bought tickets for Saturday, the decision to cancel was straightforward.

“We are aware of the inconvenience our decision will have on the many thousands of people who have bought tickets for the Saturday but the potential risk of there being significant difficulties on the roads, in our car parks on the airbase itself were too high.”

It is anticipated that the show will be held on Sunday but it will be only for holders of tickets valid for Sunday. A decision in respect of this will be announced by 4pm on Saturday.

Please note that Saturday tickets will not be valid for Sunday.

Refund details for tickets bought for Saturday, July 12, can be found on the Royal International Air Tattoo website at www.airtattoo.com . For further enquiries contact refunds@rafcte.com
Regards,
Dunc
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by delbydoo »

Ouch...that's gotta hurt
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

Yes it does....I was just getting ready to go to bed early for the 4 AM start as well. Good spot Dunc. Thanks mate. Ah well theres always next year.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

No Probs mate, Glad I saved you a journey, Does Stink though :(
Regards,
Dunc
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Goodwood Festival of Speed is also cancelled. Pity as I was eager to see Lewis Hamilton do a hill climb in F1 car!

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Its a bit like Waddington last year only I got three cars and a bus from actually getting in to the field before the started turning people back. At least there is a bit of notice

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -