Introduction of „The Owl’s Nest“ web site

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sprocky »

Martin,

had a closer look at your website. Welldone!

On a sidenote: I never realised you were german (or at least live here). The AG51 "Immelmann" still exists while from your website's history it seems that this unit was disbanded. The AG51 is now - as you probably know - at Schleswig AB where they took over the place from the MFG1 (Marinefliegergeschwader 1) in 1993.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Hi Jan,

Yes, I am German, living close to the south-west border. And you are right. Though my focus is clearly the old AG-51, I should (and will) mention the new AG-51. Thank you for that hint.

--> Jan, I have closed the historical gap. Better this way?
Cheers,
Martin
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sprocky »

Sure :wink:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I like to announce two cool new features of The Owl's Nest.

ICAO Database
Via two list boxes 'Country' and 'County' (the latter only applicable for Australia, Canada and the United States) you can display all airports for a country. The data displayed for each airport is Country, County, City, Airport name, Longitude, Latitude, Altitude, ICAO and IATA.

Airport Search
On a separate page you can search for any airport by providing either the city or airport name or the ICAO or IATA. This works with substrings which is an advantage if you only know parts or a name or are unsure how something is spelled.

Both pages are linked under the 'Tools' section of the menu.

Cheers,
Martin
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Well, it get's better and better!

Thanks again, Martin.

Ron
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I hope I can top this with the next addition this weekend, Ron :wink:
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

The Owl's Nest has seen another major update.

Great Circle Distance Calculator
You provide the ICAO code for both the airport of origin and destination. The distance between the two airports is calculated and you are presented the result in KM, Miles and Nautical Miles.

This page is linked under the 'Tools' section of the menu.
Cheers,
Martin