Flyable AI

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Flyable AI

Post by theoklahomaaviator »

I want to know what I need to remove or edit from AI aircraft that were provided with some of your packages so they don't show up in the list of flyable aircraft in FS2004. I don't want to do anything that will cause them to not work as AI I just don't want then cluttering up the FS menu anymore and I have no desire to fly them anyway. Thank You,
Adam
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Adam

You need AI Hide which is at AVSIM as bbqhideai.zip

Works a treat and I use it all the time. It does batch updates so you can hide all the AI a/c in one click.

HTH

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

For FS9 this is done by setting the aircraft type in the respective .air file to '2'. You can edit this binary file with e.g. AirEd.

Which aircraft from MAIW do you see in the selection list, by the way?

Ups, this comes from being called to breakfast while typing a reply :wink:
Cheers,
Martin
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

gsnde wrote:For FS9 this is done by setting the aircraft type in the respective .air file to '2'. You can edit this binary file with e.g. AirEd.

Which aircraft from MAIW do you see in the selection list, by the way?

Ups, this comes from being called to breakfast while typing a reply :wink:
Well unfortunatly I allready used the other utility to hide them all so I can't list them all specifically, but there were C-130s (seversl variants), F-16C/D, NB F-15, A-10, I don't remember what else. I installed ALL the available packages that contain MAI for the USA.
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Graham King »

1.Open the air files in AirEd.

2.Go down to entry 105 Aircraft type and click it.

3.Change the value from zero to two and press the enter button so the edit box disappears.

4.Save the air file.

None of the aircraft in that folder will now appear in the aircraft selection screen of FS.

I have so many aircraft as I am painting, some of which I want to see and some I do not I use a slightly different method. I save the file with a different name, I add _hidden to the filename, before the .air. I can then edit the aircraft by addding or removing "_hidden" from the sim entry in the aircraft.cfg depending on whether I want to see it or not.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Actually, our AI are not supposed to show up in the select aircraft menu.
If you are experiencing this we'd like to know about it. That way we can thump whatever beta tester missed it....probably me... :-)
KJ
Kevin Jarvis

Mike_UKMIL
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mike_UKMIL »

I've only seen it on the Seymour-Johnson F-15Es.
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I'll see what I can come up with. It will take me a while. I allready used that "AI hide" program and zapped them all, so I will have to go through ~109 different aircraft that I have installed from you guys and look in the original folders and track them down. Also note that I have the old "plains warriors" "southwest ANG" "AK and Islands Packages" installed. These are older and did not come from here, so it is possible that the military AI that I was seeing was from one fo those packages. I'll see what I can come up with so maybee I can help you out. Paybacks for such FANTASTIC FREEWARE!!!
-Adam
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

well I am positive there was a A-10 that was showing up, but I even looked at all the A-10s twice to double check and I can't find one. The "MAIW_NBAI_Boeing F15E Seymore Johnson" and "WoA_KRAI_F117A" both had .air files that were allowing them to show up in the FS9 aircraft menu. Also EVERY plane that was included in the "plains", "southwest" and "AK and Islands" packages were wrong. I also noticed the "AI CF-18-Canada" jet had the error in the .air file, but I don't remember it showing up in the FS menue. Hope this helps to whomever it may concern. Sorry I couldn't find the phantom A-10 :?
-Adam
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

theoklahomaaviator wrote:Also EVERY plane that was included in the "plains", "southwest" and "AK and Islands" packages were wrong. I also noticed the "AI CF-18-Canada" jet had the error in the .air file, but I don't remember it showing up in the FS menue.
Those are all Dan Bourque's old ANG packages and his one Canadian package, pre MAIW days. Nothing wrong about them, that's simply how he chose to do it.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by VORTEX »

or you could just add a panel to the folder
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

VORTEX wrote:or you could just add a panel to the folder
I dont really think this is what he's getting at here!

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by VORTEX »

I JUST SAW THE TOPIC AND PT SOMETHING DOWN BUT IT DOES WORK
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

VORTEX wrote:I JUST SAW THE TOPIC AND PT SOMETHING DOWN BUT IT DOES WORK
Yes we appreciate that but just putting a random answer to a forum question didnt really contribute to what the man was asking. He was asking about making it so that all the aircraft from our AI packages werent visible in the aircraft selection menu, so as to speed up the launch time of his FS I presume!!

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

It only works in FSX if you want the AI to appear in the aircraft menu, but the question was about FS9. Really need to read the whole topic before answering any question.
Which way is up?
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by VORTEX »

well i have fsx sorry