Sync of folders

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Sync of folders

Post by btaylo24 »

Anybody here have the same problem as me?
Got a folder on a PC that you backup to external drive (or other local pc drive) things like family pictures or music collection?
Also I have MAIW packages on the go and need to back them up incase my HDD fails??

I always have a problem getting the folders in sync between the "master and "secondary"

Well try this................
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Called Synctoy and can do all the above for you and more. Its an ace tool and I use it every day to ensure I have backups of important stuff on my PC
It can do the following types of sync
////////////////////////
SyncToy can perform five actions on folder pairs.

Synchronize: New and updated files are copied both ways. Renames and deletes on either side are repeated on the other.

Echo: New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames and deletes on the left are repeated on the right.

Subscribe: Updated files on the right are copied to the left if the file name already exists on the left.

Contribute: New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames on the left are repeated on the right. No deletions.

Combine: New and updated files are copied both ways. Nothing happens to renamed and deleted files.
////////

Maybe it will help someone?

Barry
Barry