running fsx and using MAIW and WOAI

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
tazzharm
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

running fsx and using MAIW and WOAI

Post by tazzharm »

hello everyone first post and new to using both maiw and woai.
first I have been using my traffic 5.1 for awhile in fsx and noticed ai planes are very 2d and plain.
researced and checked out screenshots noticed MAIW and Woai much much better. ( great job to all those who made it possible )
anyways well I use the fs9_fsx converter for Maiw and read the install instructions all works great. except the call signs I don't have fs9 , is there a converter to allow proper call signs now I get call signs such as 02, 22 ect. ( top gun base that is for example )
when I use woai i'm alittle unsure about the bgl files
maiw bgl files end in _fsx and the woai do not i use the TTools high lite the fs2004 traffic file click decompile then click compile
source file C:\woai\woai converters\
I don't seem to see woai planes in the air some parked at KLAX with fsx default traffic thats it.
am I doing this right?
thanks again to woai and maiw in advance for making fsx much more enjoyable.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Tazz, I'm not sure about the callsigns. I don't think our Edit Voicepack callsigns made for FS9 will work in FSX. I thought I saw the other day a beta version of Edit Voicepack for FSX that is available. I'm not sure.

Give this thread a couple days and one of our users who has FSX will chime in with some better info for you.

Sorry as a staff that we can't provide any support for FSX, unfortunately, non of us use it just yet.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

The FS9 voicepack will work in FSX but backup the native one first. The FSX Beta does not allow you to add new callsigns - yet!
Which way is up?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Any questions about World of AI should really be asked there, too. They may also give FSX support for their packages.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
tazzharm
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tazzharm »

ok thanks
well I did figure the ai planes silly me only downloaded non usa commercial packages to test to see if i was doing it right.
:oops:
wasn't seeing them cause I was in san deigo most of the time...
so I downloaded only usa flights and installed then poof.....my airports are alive and well...
the call signs I can live with I guess...I did find a compatible porgram for fsx kinda works ( edit pack )
anyways thanks for taking the time to reply though.
your programs are fantastic.
I'm having alittle trouble with the airshow one but I'll figure it out.
the rest are working well in fsx if you have anyone asking .
thanks again :D
I'd upload a pic but keeps giving me an error about the jpeg not being excepted.
Attachments
F15's and CI30's resized2.jpg
F15's and CI30's resized2.jpg (61.37 KiB) Viewed 264 times
tazzharm
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tazzharm »

ok so it worked ....lol
message kept telling me it wouldn't upload...sorry guys still fiarly new at this :oops: :oops: :oops:
oh yea I tried using the fs9 edit pack but wont start up guess cause I don't have fs9 installed...
but thanks anyways
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Tazz,

did you follow the guide on this page?
http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/maiw.php

Its very informative and provides replacement textures for the props.

Good luck with fsx, i have tried, but mine seems to run pretty slow once i have played around with AI bits and pieces.....but i will continue to experiment.

all the best