Naval Air Station North Island for FSX Ver. 1.01

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Naval Air Station North Island for FSX Ver. 1.01

Post by Ford Friendly »

Yep, uploaded today by John Stinstrom and Jim Dhaenens... an FSX version of the excellent FS9 NAS North Island scenery! "Transparency problems from using FS9 trees and installation of SP-2 have been fixed from the previous version."

Look for fsx_knzy.zip on avsim.

Great work guys. Yeehaw!
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Thanks for the heads up, FF.
Where ever you go, there you are.
John Knapp
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Naval Air Station North Island for FSX Ver. 1.01

Post by John Knapp »

Ford Friendly wrote:Yep, uploaded today by John Stinstrom and Jim Dhaenens... an FSX version of the excellent FS9 NAS North Island scenery! "Transparency problems from using FS9 trees and installation of SP-2 have been fixed from the previous version."

Look for fsx_knzy.zip on avsim.

Great work guys. Yeehaw!
Unfortunatly, all the transparency problems with using FS9 trees have not been fixed. It looks like only one of the scenery blg's has been fixed. Tree were included in most if not all the scenery blg's as opposed to having something like a seperate trees.blg. Still some problems with apron layout and parking. Also the NZY VOR is in the wrong place and MZB VOR is still placed at KSAN where the localizer should be. MZB should be sitting in the middle of Mission Bay. I don't know how FS9 placed these Nav aids, but FSX is correct and they can just be removed with an editor. Overall a very nice package.

John
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

I'd contact the author then.

I didn't write the "have been fixed" comment - notice the quotes? That was part of the avsim file description.

FWIW, it seems to work fine on my system - but I don't run DX10. Perhaps that is the cause of any problems you see?