The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Selfridge Flight Pics

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
KMTC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Selfridge Flight Pics

Post by KMTC »

Matt
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Cool pics!! :D

I got a ride with the 109th AW and the 107th ARW of the NYANG aboust 2 years ago. Speaking of which, does anyone remember if I ever posted those pics on here?? Wouldn't wanna beat that dead horse again lol :D
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

Great pictures, I've got quite a few incentive flight pictures as well. My favorite has to be refueling a buff over Montana. I was told they stopped incentive flights where in flight refueling was taking place, not sure the truth to that since I havn't been to a reueling base in over 5 years.
I'm currently awaiting a T-38 incentive flight...there is a looong line :x
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

I was told they stopped incentive flights where in flight refueling was taking place, not sure the truth to that since I havn't been to a reueling base in over 5 years.
We did a C-17 out of Charleston (en-route to Ramstein) on my flight 2 years ago
-Joe W.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Umm..........where's the signup sheet for these rides?? :D
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Umm..........where's the signup sheet for these rides??
Got mine through AFROTC my junior year of college :D
-Joe W.

djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

Got my first one at Grand Forks for airman of the quarter. I was submitted for NCO of the quarter here last year but did not win, but for that I was supposed to get a ride in a T-38, i'm still on the waiting list :x
I have just recently been submitted for NCO of the year so maybe it will get bumped up a notch :P
Either way I will be video taping for sure. Its too bad I never worked maintenance on any fighters with 2 seaters, almost everyone i know who did their job well recieved a flight in either a 15 or 16. you would not believe how many people turn them down.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Mark that's very impressive, congrats on the past achievements and good luck this year!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Takes me back to my AFJROTC days. Nice to be next to KLRF and get C-130 rides, and Army Guard UH-1 rides as well. Back in the Navy I tried several flights and even got my "ejection seat qual", including:

1. Reenlist in F-14B (didn't happen as we were at sea with no diverts)
2.EA-6B flight off boat (Squadron Ops O said "No")
3. VFA-106 F/A-18B ride (Long list to jump on a flight at NAS Cecil Field )
4. "Settled for and got S-3B ride on/off CVN-69!

Waiting on a confirmed offer for CAF CF-188 ride but haven't had a chance to get up to Canada.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
KMTC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by KMTC »

MIKE JG wrote:Umm..........where's the signup sheet for these rides?? :D
One kid I know managed to get one of the last rides on an F-16 out of Selfridge. His dad happens to be the General in charge of all flying in the State, so that kind of helped... Very jealous though.
Matt
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

I have to many flights to list, some fun, some not so fun (like heading to Iraq). First ride was an HH-3 at Myrtle Beach AFB in High School. Best ride was a F-16D at Kunsan. Most rewarding ride was a KC-135 across country acting as a weather path finder for the space shuttle Discovery. I have some pictures of that one here http://jetmax.us/shuttle/
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

I have to many flights to list, some fun, some not so fun (like heading to Iraq). First ride was an HH-3 at Myrtle Beach AFB in High School. Best ride was a F-16D at Kunsan. Most rewarding ride was a KC-135 across country acting as a weather path finder for the space shuttle Discovery. I have some pictures of that one here http://jetmax.us/shuttle/
Cool pics!! I didn't know they did that. So I guess the scout plane just flies a few minutes/hours ahead of the shuttle carrier to watch out for weather??
-Joe W.

djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

jetmax wrote:I have to many flights to list, some fun, some not so fun (like heading to Iraq). First ride was an HH-3 at Myrtle Beach AFB in High School. Best ride was a F-16D at Kunsan. Most rewarding ride was a KC-135 across country acting as a weather path finder for the space shuttle Discovery. I have some pictures of that one here http://jetmax.us/shuttle/
those are great pictures! was your f-16D flight a re enlistment flight? almost everyone i know who re enlisted while in korea got to go up for a ride.
I gotta get some of my pictures up, I have to scan them tho, most of the older ones were not with a digital camera.
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Jumpshot724
We flew about 20 min out in front of the Shuttle Carrer Aircraft (SCA). One of the SCA pilots sat in the Jump seat of the KC-135 and relayed weather info back to the SCA. We also transported 30 or so NASA and contractor support personel. We earned our money on this trip. You have to have perfect weather across the entire US. It took us 3 days to get from Edwards to Barksdale.

djnocturnal
Actually it was a FAM flight. My SQ/CC had a policy that everyone in the OSS had to fly in the back seat at least once. He felt the only way we could truly support the fighters was to actually see what they do. He was probably the best commander I have ever worked for.
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/