Italian F-16s & Spanish CN235s

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
MACC
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Italian F-16s & Spanish CN235s

Post by MACC »

Heres a couple of packs to be released by Focus AI in the next week or so.
we are fairly new.
Heres a couple of screenies.

Temporary Paint used for the F16 until our painter finishes it.

Spanish CN235's very close to finish, just need clearance from the author of the paints, to let us use them.

Thanks,
Macc
92rc11
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 92rc11 »

any news on cn235
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

I found out there were other bases using them so i have more AFCADs to do, i just haven't got the time either.

Macc
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Post by davidbernard »

Hi Macc,

Did you see my post about Cervia airbase (LIPC) in Italy? Since you are about to release an Italian AI package I was wondering if you can answer my question:

I found out that the MAIW afcad for LIPC is quite different from what I can see in Google Earth. In the MAIW version (and in another version on avsim) the aprons are north of the runway, while on Google Earth they are on the south side. I can't find any information on the web, but in Google Earth you can also see the runway is closed for reconstruction.

Do you have any idea about the current layout of the airbase?

Much appreciated,

David
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

David,
I know your question was direted to someone else, but....

Both Virtual Earth and Yahoo satellite pictures confirm that the aprons are indeed on the south side of the runway. This is definitely a case of photos not lying.

When viewing pics on any of the "free" satellite services, remember that they tend to be undated, so there's no telling how old the pics are (a good example is Changi Intl in Singapore - GE shows land reclamation to the south probably around 2005, but some of the clickable photos show the area as it was in 2006 as viewed from planes flying over). That runway construction evident in the Googe Earth picture isn't there in a Virtual Earth image.

Just my thoughts.

Edited to add: Coincidentally, I just ran across an article tonight that talks about "'outdated information' used by Google Earth, which is now four years old".
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Post by davidbernard »

Everyone's reply is more then welcome Ford ;-)

Italy retired their Starfighters in 2004. I read that they started the recontruction at Cervia right after the last 104 left, so I figure that the Google Earth image is from 2005. I don't believe they would move all infrastructure to the north of the base, but the MAIW AFCADs (usualy quite accurate) put me up with doubts.

Regards,

David
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

David
Click Me