The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Changes

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Changes

Post by sprocky »

To the few people that know me here :wink: :

I'd like to announce that changes in my life will happen beginning 2009 - well, they actually started already. Born in East Germany (some may know The Wall from history lessons only) I moved close to Hanover just a few weeks before the wall came down. I have spent here almost twenty years now resulting in a marriage with my lovely wife and building a house five years ago. Unfortunately my wife did and still does not feel confident here as she came from the coast of the North Sea. Now we decided to move into the area she came from. We sold our house last Friday leaving it end of January. New jobs have to be found within the next few weeks and also a new appartment. This will leave just a little spare time for my hobby: MSFS. I hope I will still find the time to come here reading the posts and about the latest MAIW developments. And hopefully it will just be a short timeout. But who knows?

I'd like to thank MAIW and the community for the great addons you provided to my sim and all those people that took their time to answer my questions. I won't name special persons here as I am afraid I may forget one. :wink: Again I hope the time of absence won't be long. Keep up your great work!
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Good luck with all of your changes Jan, and may you and your family find the peace and happiness that you desire.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Good luck Jan, hope to see you around in the future
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

delbydoo wrote:Good luck with all of your changes Jan, and may you and your family find the peace and happiness that you desire.
I couldn't have said it any better. Hopefully you'll be back in a short time.

Paul
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Jan,

I wish you all the very best and look forward to having you back in the loop in the future. I'm sorry we could not have done more together and I still have it for when you return.

Kind regards,

Chris
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

Good luck, Jan. I hope it works out for you and yours and I hope to speak with you again soon.

Kindest regards.
Which way is up?
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Ciao Jan, a presto. :wink:
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Viel glueck und viel spass.
(No clue how to do umlauts with this BBS/forum software)

Your contributions and presence here will be missed - even if only for a short time.

Ford
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Good luck, Jan.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Thanks to all for your kind words. I'll stop by as often as I can and until January it may be more often than from February on. Both a new appartment and a new job are time consuming as some of you may know :wink:

@Chris
I am sure we will find the time again for some projects after all settled down as I can't imagine to live without my flightsim. :)

I still have three AFCAD files in the works but not sure if I am able to release them before the stressful time begins as there are exclude files to create and signs to place to their correct locations. I am not familiar with this and need to study some documents I received recently which eats up a lot of my few spare time. :cry:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Jan, you are doing the right thing. Your family comes first. Good luck and Godspeed. I know we'll see you again soon. :)
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

All the very best Jan. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Bis spater.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."