adding scenery objects to library of Instant or EZ Scenery

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Superbuggz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

adding scenery objects to library of Instant or EZ Scenery

Post by Superbuggz »

Gents,

Is anyone able to tell me in kindergarten language how to create a new library with own objects, or how to add new objects to the libraries of either EZ Scenery or Instant scenery?
I read their manuals over and over again but don't seem to be able to figure them out ??

:shock:
Ruud
--
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Ruud do you have your own model files of each object you want to include in a library?
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
CAFedm
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by CAFedm »

For ready-to-use objects that have been added inside your libary addon folder, open Instant Scenery while FS is running and click on the Options tab. Make sure Addon Global Libraries is enabled and this will display the objects (other than default) that can be placed.

For uniquely-created objects, here's how I do it (using FSDS, although GMAX probably is done similarly). First, open your project and create a scenery object (file>Create FS Object File) then select Scenery Object File. Save it in .mdl format. Next, open the Library Maker shortcut that Instant Scenery creates upon installation. Click on the Model tab then Add...and navigate to your newly-created .mdl file. Then "Save As" in .bgl format and drop that file into your library addon folder.

On the subject of creating library items, if anyone knows how to attach effects to FSDS files (such as beacon lights), please feel free to clue me in - if I can accomplish that then I would have some useful items that could be uploaded for use by anyone.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

CAFedm wrote:
On the subject of creating library items, if anyone knows how to attach effects to FSDS files (such as beacon lights), please feel free to clue me in - if I can accomplish that then I would have some useful items that could be uploaded for use by anyone.
You can't in FSDS, only in GMax. One of the biggest drawbacks with FSDS.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Superbuggz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Superbuggz »

MIKE JG wrote:Ruud do you have your own model files of each object you want to include in a library?
I got a bunch of typical Dutch Airforce base items such as hangars, HAS shelters etc, which I would like to add to the Dutch Airfields. Most of them I got from AVSIM and I have both EZ Scenery installed as well as Flight1 Instant Scenery but with both I'm facing the same troubles of how to add these to an existing library, or on how to create an own library...
(btw, have no clue what FSDS has to do with this, or is that where you can create your own scenery items too??)
Ruud
--
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

In that case you can only create a "placement" bgl of the objects. People who have those libraries will see the "placement" of your objects.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Superbuggz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Superbuggz »

BadPvtDan wrote:In that case you can only create a "placement" bgl of the objects. People who have those libraries will see the "placement" of your objects.
That's the intention of adding these objects to a scenery, isn't it ??
Question is: how can I place objects that aren't in the default libraries as I can't get them to show up as selectable items??
Ruud
--
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Superbuggz wrote: That's the intention of adding these objects to a scenery, isn't it ??
Question is: how can I place objects that aren't in the default libraries as I can't get them to show up as selectable items??
Yes, but you initially asked about creating a library of objects which I, at first glance, took to mean you had some models that you wanted to put in a library...not necessarily for placement but for general use. Never mind, it doesn't matter. :)

Look under options and see if you can select these other libraries.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."