E3A ETNG realistic operations

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by Ford Friendly »

Garysb wrote:Dont forget Burners you need a gap of at least 30mins between landing and the next take off

Gary
I think Reggie Fields and PAI recommend 40-45 mins, but I could be wrong.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
BurnersGo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by BurnersGo »

TTools amended the times to just over 30 mins. automatically upon compilation of the .BGL file.

Cheers

BurnersGo
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

The 40-45 minute recommendation includes an allowance for atc delays, landing delays in the traffic patterns, etc.

The bgl can certainly compile without problems at 30 minutes, no question. But without adding the additional 10-15 minutes between landing/departure, traffic has been known to disappear, not arrive, just pop up on hardstands, etc.

It's real world (in game) vs ideal world (ttools). Then again, the extra minutes are just a recommendation based on their experience. YMMV
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
BurnersGo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by BurnersGo »

Plus, these are bases with a relatively small amount of traffic. Usually, you shouldn't have too long a delay departing. The times I've checked, ATC cleared the aircraft for departure every single time right after it reached the runway hold short point.

No delays.

I guess 30 mins. between legs is quite a safe option for your average airport. High traffic ones I would go up to one hour .....
Cheers

BurnersGo
BurnersGo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by BurnersGo »

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but could one of the moderators please move this thread to the YOUR PROJECTS / PACKAGES section ?

Thanks

Sven
Cheers

BurnersGo
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

One thing to remember is if the TNG leg goes above FL180, the flight will go IFR and it will do a missed approach instead of a TNG, regardless of whether its a VFR flightplan or not. Also if the weather goes IMC, the leg will go IFR and again you'll get a missed approached.