The Beast !!

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

The Beast !!

Post by MIKE JG »

It's huge! Probably got its own gravitational field!

Drew's (Dark Morelia) new AI AN-225. This is one of just three variants and these are just a few shots. One massive aircraft! It's so big, getting good screenshots is a bit difficult. :D Yes there is also a version that carries the Russian Space Shuttle. Lots of XML goodies. Great work Drew.

-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Saw the real thing at Farnborough Air Show a good few years ago. Its ruddy impressive. The Russians took all their exhibits ( I mean planes) inside her!

I read that Putin has told Anatov to put her in production. It was featured on a UK TV programme last year. The Test pilot said it has been upgraded with the latest Avionics and is now certified for use in all countries.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sprocky »

If this one is going to "mass" production there will be less room for an A380F :roll:

Have not installed the model yet. Too busy the last weeks. Slept more often in hotel rooms than at home. :cry:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
nigelf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

AI AN225

Post by nigelf »

Just wondering if this is freely available?
Could someone provide the link please.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

this should help you.
www.users.on.net/~dark_morelia
HC136TH
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: The Beast !!

Post by HC136TH »

MIKE JG wrote:Yes there is also a version that carries the Russian Space Shuttle.
Is this the one you're referring too (SlideShow)? When I was beta-testing John Stintrom's Lajes AB (LPLA), I added a few AI's to it on my end, to add more life to the base (B-52, Orions, C-5 Galaxy, C-17 Globemaster III, AN-225 Shuttle Carrier, NASA B-747 Shuttle Carrier, etc). Mr. Stinstrom's attention to detail is impeccable! I even made Lajes AB my default FS9 scenery.
nigelf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The Beast

Post by nigelf »

Thanks guys for your assistance. Sure wish that I was able to make models as good as many of you. I have had a go at a couple of paints with layered paint kits, but modelling would be even better. I will have to stick to plastic kits instaed. Been modelling those for for fifty odd years.