Random Military Flights in FSX?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
JPoff
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Random Military Flights in FSX?

Post by JPoff »

I have just reciently found out how to make the random flights in FSX (just uploaded the basic 737/777 traffic into Flightsim.com.) Now I am wanting to get military flights, into FSX the same way. Wanted to make sure that I am working with the aircraft for the area that i want to start with.
I will be starting with the cargo aircraft and afcads for the bases specifically handling these. Please let me know if i am missing aircraft or bases.
The list of aircraft that I have:
C-5 (from Paul Sculus)
C-141 (HTAI Models)
C-130 (HTAI Models)
C-17 (Project AI)
The Bases I am going to start working on repopulating are :
Altus AFB
Dover AFB
McChord AFB
McGuire AFB
Norton AFB
Travis AFB
Kelly AFB
Dyess AFB
Langley AFB
Little Rock AFB
Pope AFB
So you know, i am starting out with the United States Air Force Bases. Also, to begin with (to be expanded out later) I am just using the C-130E. I have seen some afcads for some of these bases, but i am wanting to over populate the bases as much as possible, so i am going to undertake the project to get as many parking areas into them as possible, then add the traffic. I will be using the random coding in FSX to generate the flights, and trying to figure out if i want VFR flights mixed in along with IFR or what. Any help will be appreciated. Mind you, I am just beginning this project, so might be a bit before I get it off the released (If i can get everything to work right).
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

If I'm right you may not have to repopulate all of those bases as some of them have a MAIW package already which should provide enough AI (someone correct me if I've completely missed the point) As for generating the fp's, if you look in the FSX or FS2004 misc section on flightsim, you will find a program that generates flights with the aircraft of your choice based at the bases of your choice-though they would end up going to civvie fields as well. If someone knows the name of this program, please post it. (I THINK that it is something like Random AI flight generator but I'm not sure).
JPoff, hope this rather long winded answer helps.
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Well JPOFF,
First check the packages section on the MAIW front page, view by state and you will see that Dyess and langley are covered and many other US bases.

There are also USAF C-17 packages at projectAI.

The USAF no longer fly the C-141. Unless you are into retro AI traffic.

If you are simply dropping FS9 packages into FSX the days will be wrong, you need to use AIFP to convert the FS9 day system to the FSX day system.

If you want to do your own military flightplans use rpp_fpgen_v1.0.zip and again convert the FS9 bgl to FSX

Hope this helps.
Steve

P.S. You wont find much in the way of parking at mil bases in FSX slightly better at civil airfields that have mil traffic based there i.e. ANG
Past Beta Tester
JPoff
Cadet
Cadet

Maybe i miss phrased this

Post by JPoff »

Ok, i know there are many flight plans available in MAIW for various AFB, but i have also began working on a POPE AFB afcad and found many discrepencies. When i looked up the POPE airport diagram in AIRNAV (which i will be using as my base pictures in AFX) you will notice that along the northern end (shark ramp, claw ramp, blue ramp) that it shows grassy areas between parking areas and the taxi way A. Yet when i went over to look at some pictures in Microsoft Map and got close enough, this area was concreted over. Also, in another sattelite photo, I noticed F-16's parked closer to the silver ramp. So thinking i was going to just do one type (IE cargo bases) was not going to work anyway. Guess i should of done a little more research before i endevored on this little project.
JPoff
Cadet
Cadet

Forgot to mention

Post by JPoff »

Also, in one of the sattelite photo's i seen a 3 C-141's parked at POPE. Could not see the tail to see what base they were from though.
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

Hi Poff,
Did you check the date of the sat image? some of them ar 5 or more years old or are the aircraft museum aircraft?
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
battlehawk77
Cadet
Cadet

Post by battlehawk77 »

Sounds like you have some out of date photos. The C-141 was retired years ago, and Pope hasn't had F-16s there in a very long time. It's just A-10s and C-130s. Granted, you do get the transient C-5s and C-17s, but Pope only has Herks and Hogs based there.:)
ricktk
Captain
Captain

Post by ricktk »

The current Google Earth photo of Pope shows three (3) C-17's on the ramps, numerous A-10's and 7 C-130's.
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

JPOFF
Not 100% accurate but reasonably close if you do a search by State it will show which bases are active and with what.

http://www.scramble.nl/usaf.htm

Regards,
Steve.
Past Beta Tester
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

battlehawk77 wrote:Sounds like you have some out of date photos. The C-141 was retired years ago, and Pope hasn't had F-16s there in a very long time. It's just A-10s and C-130s. Granted, you do get the transient C-5s and C-17s, but Pope only has Herks and Hogs based there.:)
A-10's & some of the C-130's were moved to Moody AFB a while back. I believe Pope-Bragg still has some C-130's.
ricktk
Captain
Captain

Post by ricktk »

yes - google imagery was Oct 2003. Interesting also maybe a camoflage CN235 (AFSOC?) on the image also.
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
JPoff
Cadet
Cadet

Ok, photo was out of date ............

Post by JPoff »

Well, i guess to keep it as real as possible, i should leave out the C-141. The pictures showing them were older. Now then, next question I have ..... I have gotten the flightline primarely done, and going to be working on getting the parking going (as close as i can with limitations), and some of the information on FAQ website may be wrong (as to number of planes at bases). Just trying to use pictures on Microsoft now, to determine how many fighter/cargo (c-130) and large cargo (c-5/c-17) parking areas to have. I am also going to be using some free secenry items to add hangers into the right areas ( See if i can get this right after all).