SWA Asia Air Bases AFCADS

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
jetmax
Major
Major
Version: FS9

SWA Asia Air Bases AFCADS

Post by jetmax »

Greetings all
Since the default AFCADs stink, I have created AFCADS for a few of the major bases in South West Asia. They were created from scratch using airfield diagrams and Google Earth. As of right now I have AFCADS for

Al Udeid, Qatar
Al Dhafra, UAE
Al Jaber, KW
Ali Al Salem, KW
Bagram, Afganistain

If anyone is interest in them let me know. I'm more than happy to share.
matias
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by matias »

This is great news we are covering the planet these days! :D
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

I'll be able to do Kandahar and Kabul, Afghanistan, for you maybe when I get back, remind me in January. Ive already made a start on one for Kandahar.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain

Post by Cianofranc »

I made all Siryan airports:
Abu Duhur AB, Hamah AB, Tabqa AB, As Suwaida West AB, Dumayr AB, Jirah AB, Mary Rukayyil AB, As Nasiriyah AB, Shairat AB, Rasin El Abaud AB, Mezze AB, Sayqal AB, Khalkhalalah AB, Al Qusayr AB, Minakh AB, Tiyas AB, Al Al, Aleppo AB, Damasco Intl, Deir Zzor AB, Kamiskhy, Lakatia Naval AB, Palmyra: if anyone wanna share for siryan flightplans....

I made also, in Saudi Arabia: Tabuk (OETB) and Dhahran (OEDR) for Saudi tornadoes flightplans.

Cheers

Luciano
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

What is the easiet way to share them. Do you think I should post the AFCADs to AVSIM or Project AFCAD?
drmweaver2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by drmweaver2 »

I would say that the answer to your question depends on who you want to share them with and how much you are willing to accept in terms of comments, criticism, suggestions, etc.

Posting them to avsim or Project AI Afcad would make them available to everyone with the caveat that you would be the only "go to guy" for any complaints.

If you added them here as an attachment to a thread post, then you could stick a caveat on them that they are "provisional", possibly subject to future change, etc. and the MAIW group would "provide cover" in a sense should they not immediately fit in 100% accurately with a majority of people's military ai traffic. Sticking them here could result in suggestions for mods you don't think are appropriate and that might/might not be something you're willing to deal with in a public forum.

For example, Flyboy mods everybody's stuff to work with "his" personal system - and thus, when he makes anything available, generally includes that caveat (that is, "you'll have to recode the parking to fit your installation" or something similar).

(The above is based on my own experience and decision to not "release" anything here, on avsim, etc. until I decide that it's the way I want it and that after I do release it, I won't be taking suggestions for improvement, alteration, etc. Purely personal decision.. but it shows one thought line/decision that IS always an option. Of course, anyone could just release and say "criticise not.. but mod to your heart's delight so long as I get mentioned in the credits.")

My thoughts.. FWIW.
John
"I may be old and slow, but when I waddle down the hill to a group of cows, I get 'em all - unlike the randy young bulls who get too excited and are totally spent after fun with just one."
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

John
Thanks for the advise. I will probably post them here later on this week for you guys to check out and use.

Cheers

Scott
a10c130
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by a10c130 »

Hi all, i'm working on an Afghanistan pack as we speak. I'm assigned to the Afghan National Air Corps taining them on better ways to maintain An-26, An-32, Mi-8/17, and Mi-35's. I've already done repaints for the choppers and Clines and i'm working on some scenery for Bagram and Kabul and fictional flightplans as well. I hope to have them done by the end of January.
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain

Post by Cianofranc »

Two italian C130, every fiveteen days, go from LIPX (Italy) to Herat OAHR.
Cheers
Cianofranc