Military Traffic around Bahrain

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Military Traffic around Bahrain

Post by tango234 »

I tested out my Ukmil buccaneer over Bahrain a couple of days ago, took some pics of what I was sharing the airspace with. This is is a mixture of planes at Tabuk and Sheik Isa.

Tornadoes at Tabuk

Can't these guys fly straight?

Thats better

Nice hawk!

For those wishing to see a lot of moving traffic, go here!
Hope you like em
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Anyone know the criteria for the hot shot competition, I couldn't find it anywhere. I probably won't be elegible because I'm using FSX but I would like to know what the rules are so to speak. I got as far as the picture has to be of ai aircraft and unedited, but other than that I don't know. :?:
Thanks for any answers.

EDIT, oh and feel free to comment on the pictures you silent bunch!! :D :D
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hey mate!

That looks like a nice setting indeed to do some spotting. Must go there some day.

Personally, if I'm allowed to give you some advice, I would crop my screenshots a bit. This makes the actual subject, the aircraft, more prominent. Your audience is not interested in sky, sand and water :wink:

As an example, I've cropped two of you shots to show you the potential. I've also changed the aspect ratio to 2:1 because I think it looks better with aircraft, but you could keep your monitor's ratio if you think you're losing too much. Please compare them with your original screenshots and you'll notice the difference (mine are a bit smaller of course because I obviously didn't have the originals).

Please take this as advice. It is not my intention to lecture you or say that your screenshots were awful :lol:

Keep 'em coming!

Greg
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Thanks, I'll cut them when I get the time
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

I would crop my screenshots a bit.
I dunno, I kinda like the feel it gives to the desert shots: you know, like these guys are in the middle of nowhere: lots of nothing and all. :) Its all a matter of what you're trying to say. :)
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Yes I agree with you Aerogator, I'll probably keep the desert-especially with the C-130, but I'll cut certainly cut out the menu bar and red writing if it appears
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Well, theye've been cropped-how do these look Tirithon

@Aereogator-you can see I kept a lot of desert in the relevant shots :D
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Yes of course, it all depends on what you want to show and if that is the emptiness, then by all means keep the sand. Some shots were showing mostly blue sky or tarmac and, in my humble opinion, these look a lot more spectacular now they've been cropped a bit! An excellent compromise.

Greg
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Glad you like em'. Expect more from me some time in the future-soonish I hope! :D :D