Orland

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Orland

Post by garysted »

Gents,

A few shots which are a result of some time spent adding the new Orland scenery alongside some new and altered flightplans.

Arriving amongst five VFA-204 F/A-18A's for a visit, is the specially marked jet.

Resident 338 Skv F-16AM's also operating. I noticed the old RNoAF system of different coloured fin flashs for the different squadrons seems to have fallen out of use recently and these colours appear to be on all RNoAF Vipers. So I've rebadged a load of Grahams original 338 paints (also looks like the archer on the fin has also gone unfortunately).

Gary
Military aviation photography in the UK

My photo website
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Re: Orland

Post by davidbernard »

Looks great Gary! Do you want to share the repaints?
Dave 'D-Rex' Bernard

garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

davidbernard wrote:Looks great Gary! Do you want to share the repaints?
Yeah, certainly, can do. Although all I've done is to take the repaints from Graham Kings RnoAF pack and renumbered a few inline with recent pics on Airliners.net of RnoAF Vipers. I've just checked and the pack is still down at Avsim at the moment and doesn't appear to be at flightsim. From what I can make out, the different fin flashs of 331/332 and 338 Skv seem to have all been dropped in recent years in favour of the style used by the FLO repaints in Graham's pack so I've put together a batch of 15 F-16AM/B's with that style (keeping Graham's 'Tiger' special obviously!). As long as Graham is happy, I'll put a zip folder together of all the aircraft and if anybody wants them they can PM me. I've also done FP's for 338 Skv but you'll need some of my own AFCADS as waypoints if anybody wants them.

Gary

My photo website
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Post by davidbernard »

You're absolutely right about the common tail flash in Norwegian flag colours. It's because all the Norwegians F-16's are shared between the three operational squadrons nowadays.

I couldn't find the right repaints, so I used Mike Pearsons' paints for my flightplans. They have the original squadron markings though.
I was just planning on doing the paints myself ;-)

Will send you a PM with my e-mailadress. Thanks!

In my flightplans I am using the correct tailnumbers for the 338 sqn by the way. They fly to several Norwegian and foreign airbases and to the Hjerkinn bombing range in Norway.

Meanwhile my Bodø project is getting along fine. If I can find the time I will try to do repaints for some (or all) of the 331/332 squadron birds after that.
Dave 'D-Rex' Bernard

garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Ok, I'll start to put together in a pack now. They're in a bit of a mess at the moment as the folder includes the old original ones as well.

Just for your reference now if you want to incorporate them into your pack at some point tail numbers with that fin flash I have available are:

F-16AM; 681, 659, 661, 663, 664, 668, 675, 688, 658, 665, 672, 686, 276, 282, 669, 670, 671 (tiger), 281, 284, 288, 295, and 674

F-16BM; 690, 689, 693 and 306

Some of these are spare as I only use 15 for my own FP's.

Some of these are as originally marked by Graham and I haven't touched them. I've only done airframes that I can find a reference pic of in the last couple of years and any that have has some extra badge or markings I've had to skip as rebadging and pasting numbers is my limit! If any repainter can do the F-16BM that 338 Skv had at the Tiger Meet this year that would be nice;

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Norway-- ... 1600082/L/

I'll have a look through some pics to try build up a larger number. I'm not sure how many RNoAF airframes are extant nowadays as I seem to recall they originally had 70+ delivered.

I'll PM Graham as well for permission to circulate what is based on his original work.

Gary

My photo website
james84

Post by james84 »

Great ones!
Though simple and bare, I love those 338 Skv F-16s!
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Post by davidbernard »

garysted wrote: I'll have a look through some pics to try build up a larger number. I'm not sure how many RNoAF airframes are extant nowadays as I seem to recall they originally had 70+ delivered.
You can find all serials here: http://www.ondutchwings.nl/db/norway.php, search for type=F-16.
Dave 'D-Rex' Bernard

garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

David/all,

Thanks for that list, that's quite handy. By checking out as many photo databases as possible I've identified and remarked 33 AM and 7 BM airframes with another 2 active in other markings that I can't do (unless any repainter can step in!). There's another 13 AM airframes that the Dutch site lists as still being current but defy my attempts to find any photo's from the last few years with the current fin flash. They're listed below incase anybody knows differently.

272, 273, 277, 279, 291, 292, 293, 297, 298, 666, 677, 678 and 680

Sorry to those who have asked for them via PM, but I haven't heard from Graham yet and I really think I ought to have his permission before sending them out.

Gary

My photo website
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

David
The Hjerkinn range has now been closed!

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Post by davidbernard »

I read something about moving the live firing practice to the south of Norway (regionfeld østlandet). See if I can find some more info about that.
Dave 'D-Rex' Bernard

Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

David
Most of the European ranges have been covered in one pack or another
There are also a few that I have done that are not covered though
This is my list so far
Please note that in some cases the codes are fictitious

SPA1 Spadeadam Electronic Range - Northern England
SPA2 Spadeadam Electronic Range - Northern England
COL1 Spadeadam Electronic Range Collinski Dummy Airfield - Northern England
OTT1 Otterburn Range
EGZ9 Donna Nook Bombing Range - East of England - South of the Humber
EGY1 Holbeach Bombing Range North- Wainfleet - East of England - Wash
EGY2 Holbeach Bombing Range South - East of England - Wash
EGF1 Pembery Bombing Range - South Wales
TAI1 Tain Bombing Range - Scotland
TAI2 Tain Bombing Range Target 2 - Scotland
WRA1 Cape Wraith - North Scotlamd
REAL Bedenas- spain
VLIE Vliehor-holland
HELC Helchteren Bombing Range -Begium
LFFS Suippes Range Reims France
ETUN Nordhorne Range Germany
ETAV Siegenburg range Germany
CFR1 Capa Frasca Range sardinia
AP01 to 03 Askos-Profitis Firing Range - Thessaloniki - Greece
CUX1 Captiux Bombing Range near Cazaux AB France Target1
CUX2 CaptiuxBombing Range near Cazaux AB France Target2
1FBC Bombing Range near Cazaux AB France Target1

I have also found one in Hungary and one in Portugal but have not progressed these yet

If anyone can add any to the list I would be greatful

All of the above come with afcads and some with the odd bit of scenery

Cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Post by davidbernard »

That's a handy list!

I was wondering which range will be used for the FWIT at Ørland (the European Top Gun equivalent ;-) ) from now on.

One more I know of: RFN; the Swedish bombing and missile test range north of Vidsel Air base (ESPE). In Google Earth: http://www.neat.se/kml/neat.kml.
Dave 'D-Rex' Bernard