MAIW Mirage 2000C Dijon-Longvic FSX cockpit glass UPDATE

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

MAIW Mirage 2000C Dijon-Longvic FSX cockpit glass UPDATE

Post by zsoltfireman »

Hello All,

Here is the corrected Mirage cockpit glass:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kyljqnknykj

Regards,

Zsolt
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: MAIW Mirage 2000C Dijon-Longvic FSX cockpit glass UPDATE

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

Hey awesome. Thank you! Will try it out asap.
Windows10 Home
Intel i7 8700K at 5ghz
32gb G.Skill DDR4/3200
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti SC
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

You're welcome!

:smt006
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Graham King »

Not having FSX I did not realise this was a problem. I have added the fix to a texture but it affects the canopy in FS9 so I will need to produce seperate textures for FSX.

Could a FSX user try out the following to see if it works. I have made the missiles, pylons and drop tanks invisible as well so could you report back if that works as well. There is the original FS9 texture plus a modified FSX texture in the download.

http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... 000-5F.zip
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

Graham King wrote:Not having FSX I did not realise this was a problem. I have added the fix to a texture but it affects the canopy in FS9 so I will need to produce seperate textures for FSX.

Could a FSX user try out the following to see if it works. I have made the missiles, pylons and drop tanks invisible as well so could you report back if that works as well. There is the original FS9 texture plus a modified FSX texture in the download.

Checked it out. In FSX it does remove the missiles, pylons, and drop tanks but it also takes out any aircraft parts beyond them -- such as landing gear parts. In FSX the canopies didn't improve. When you have clouds behind them the clouds dissappear behind the glass. -- typical of FS2004 models using alpha channels for transparency in FSX that weren't recompiled with FSX in mind. Whatever is required for successful portovers would be required for these as well.

In FS2004, the canopy is improved (tinted and visible from all angles now, the version in French Mirage Pt1 seemed to be invisible from front angles but became visible from rear angles) and the alpha channel does it's job of removing the missiles, pylons, and drop tanks. The gear behind these parts remain visible.

Hope this helps.
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

Mirage4FS wrote:
Graham King wrote:Not having FSX I did not realise this was a problem. I have added the fix to a texture but it affects the canopy in FS9 so I will need to produce seperate textures for FSX.

Checked it out. In FSX it does remove the missiles, pylons, and drop tanks but it also takes out any aircraft parts beyond them -- such as landing gear parts. In FSX the canopies didn't improve. When you have clouds behind them the clouds dissappear behind the glass. -- typical of FS2004 models using alpha channels for transparency in FSX that weren't recompiled with FSX in mind. Whatever is required for successful portovers would be required for these as well.

In FS2004, the canopy is improved (tinted and visible from all angles now, the version in French Mirage Pt1 seemed to be invisible from front angles but became visible from rear angles) and the alpha channel does it's job of removing the missiles, pylons, and drop tanks. The gear behind these parts remain visible.

Hope this helps.
Hello Frank,

Did you try my FSX version?
Here all is well!
:D

Regards,

Zsolt