el centro

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

el centro

Post by DaleRFU »

hi guys.

I need some help locating el centro on the scramble website. i have looked in all the options in the north american area for the USA and i just cant find it. any help would be great

Thanks

Dale
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Grape
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: el centro

Post by Grape »

Is this what you are looking for Dale http://www.scramble.nl/airports/index.html?

Center column "North America" then click "USA California". Next page click "El Centro - Members Only".

Hope this helps,
Grape
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

ye thanks. i am not a member but thanks anyway. i was just looking for the squadrons based there?

thanks
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by maddog65 »

No Sqaudrons based there. El Centro is a training base.
Les
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by scottr5213 »

From what I have found it dosent look like and units are permently station there except that its the winter home of the Blue Angles, It looks like it a base that aircrews use the many ranges at NAF El Centro to develop their skills. A remote-controlled target area allows naval aviators to practice ordnance delivery. The desert range is used for air-to-ground bombing, rocket firing, strafing, dummy drops and mobile land target training. The target complex uses the Weapons Impact Scoring System that microwaves target images to a range master control building for immediate verification of weapons delivery accuracy.
Dave Waffler
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Dave Waffler »

El Centro used to have quite a bit of FCLP traffic was well. This was back in the days of the F-14's and E-2's at Miramar and the S-3's at North Island. I think the Lemoore F-18's occasionally go there now, along with any of the Marine F-18's from Miramar that go on the boat.

In my two tours with F-14's in the 80's and 90's, we went there quite a bit for the FCLP's and we would go there for about two weeks for a gun det there, where the aircrews would hone their gunnery skills by firing at a towed banner behind an A-4.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Pancake is right and yes it is still used for current FCLP training along with the ranges. You should have both VFA-122 and 125 going there along with VMFAT-101 (USN/USMC RAG out of Miramar). Weapons dets from T-45 squadrons (both Meridian/Kingsville). Not to mention winter training grounds for the Blue Angels. VAQ-129 from KNUW will come down as well. Search for some info on here if you are having AFCAD issues to the airfield elevation, mine works fine.

For current real world pics, look at the photo call on Fencecheck.com.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris