XHHA – Khabarovsk Bolshoy Airbase - FS9 Secnery

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

XHHA – Khabarovsk Bolshoy Airbase - FS9 Secnery

Post by regan123 »

For my second Russian Base, I have done XHHA. This is slightly less atmospheric than Ostov (frankly it's flat and open). I've used standard objects, so it doesn't look as Russian as it should, but there is stacks of parking and you can see an interesting mix of aircraft according to my searches on the web. Primarily An12 & An24/26 are to be found on the overhead and ground shots. There is also some An72/4 traffic as well as a few TU-154 movements. For the slightly more "offensive" side, the Tu-160 Blackjacks also seem to pay the odd visit here. Finally, there is a lot of helicopter parking here, but I don't know what is actually using the base. These are the uncoded Combat spaces.

The State Unitary Air Enterprise (SUMES) An72 plans in the SBAI pack already point here and I've moved the Air Froce An-12s, An24/6s down from UHHH Khabarovsk Novy Airport. Oddly, though, the IL76s & An22s still seem to go to UHHH literally within view of XHHA.

With my ADE9 work I use the following libraries:

large hangers ss V2
lights ss v2
ga hangers ss v3
ex-terminals ss
lens ex airport buildings vol1
Generic
Default Deminals ss
RampLight Library
SIADP RampLight library
Matt's Trees

The ZIP has three BGL files which are all needed.

If you look around the area there are a lot of airfields in a small space. The old airport is right by Novy and to the South of Bolshoy is a further helicopter base and another GA field. All in all, quite a challenge for the local ATC I would have thought.

Any comments etc. welcome!

PS. Does anyone know of a Russian Objects library that works with ADE9?
Attachments
XHHA.zip
(26.02 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: XHHA – Khabarovsk Bolshoy Airbase - FS9 Secnery

Post by Alan Robertson »

Very nice. I've installed it in my sim and it looks good so thanks very much. :D
Regards,

Alan
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Thanks Alan. I'll need to find another one to have a go at soon!
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

If you havent gone ye, over at Avsim.ru there's a few scenery object lib. there.
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

scottr5213 wrote:If you havent gone ye, over at Avsim.ru there's a few scenery object lib. there.
Hi Scott,

I've had those files for a while. Unfortunately they don't work in ADE, but I've pulled out some other software. It's just a pain to coordinate so many different applications! I will try and go back and amend the other Russian bases at some point.
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Good work.
I have installed several Russian military bases in order to take advantage of the scenery libraries.
Kevin Jarvis