Misawa ADE9X

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
james84

Misawa ADE9X

Post by james84 »

Here is another ADE scenery I've been working on in the last few days. Misawa is quite a HUGE base and not all the objects were available, so I had to detail it in a simpler way. Of course I had to invent a bit because it's difficult to find photos of military airfields.
Atsugi's and Elmendorf's hangars have neen quite useful, BTW. I think it won't come out as nice as Aviano, but I'm sure it will fulfill everyone's needs.
I also worked on Trapani, home to the remaining Italian Vipers. Both are at the same stage: the most of the job is done, I just need to add fences, ground support vehicles etc. Moreover, I compiled new flightplans, covering some of Jason's and Ray's repaints (777lr don't worry, I didn't forget about the Pakistani F-16s, just let me find all the registrations!).
Next projects: Hyakuri AB, close to Tokyo, where Phantoms and Eagles are based, and Kadena.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Misawa ADE9X

Post by delbydoo »

Nice work James, much appreciated. Hyakura has been on my wish list for some time but have just never got around to doing it, so that's a welcome relief!! :lol:
james84

Post by james84 »

delbydoo wrote:Nice work James, much appreciated.
Thanks!
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

looks great!
james84

Post by james84 »

djnocturnal wrote:looks great!
Thanks!
I built a home for your repaints! :mrgreen:
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

looking really nice..
Barry
james84

Post by james84 »

btaylo24 wrote:looking really nice..
Thanks, and it's almost ready!
I just need to finish the northern area with bunkers and other stuff.
I removed lots of houses because they killed framerates, but I will try to make a mesh file in order to reproduce the "urban" area.
james84

Post by james84 »

Almost done

I still have a couple of fixes to do, finish to add the fences and do a better landclass file, then it will be available for youto d/l, I think tomorrow.
You'll also be able to get the flightplans for the Japanese aircrafts.
Unfortunately I couldn't represent the residential area north of the airfield: if I added other roads the ADE9X compiler gave an error message and wouldn't let me go on, so I left it as you can see it.
Make sure you have Elmendorf, Coningsby, Nellis, French bases, Osan sceneries installed plus the libraries I used for Aviano. I'll check and let you know if you need more files!
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

james84 wrote:Almost done

I still have a couple of fixes to do, finish to add the fences and do a better landclass file, then it will be available for youto d/l, I think tomorrow.
You'll also be able to get the flightplans for the Japanese aircrafts.
Unfortunately I couldn't represent the residential area north of the airfield: if I added other roads the ADE9X compiler gave an error message and wouldn't let me go on, so I left it as you can see it.
Make sure you have Elmendorf, Coningsby, Nellis, French bases, Osan sceneries installed plus the libraries I used for Aviano. I'll check and let you know if you need more files!
Hello,

I look forward!
Great job!

Thank you!

Regards,

Zsolt
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks to you, Zsolt!
james84

Post by james84 »

Here we are!
Besides the scenery, I included three other files. Two of them are necessary and will remove a lake placed just in the middle of the base. The other one is an optional landclass file, which you can as well remove if you don't like the effect.
All the perimeter of the base is reproduced but the northern residential area because of a compiler problem.
You need to install:
-MAIW packages: Elmendorf, Nellis, Coningsby, Osan, Atsugi, French airbases
-ezhousz.zip, ezukbld1.zip, fs9_custom_buildings_ss_2_v2.zip, ggse_j3.zip all available on Flightsim.com or Avsim.com

As usual, post your feedback!
Enjoy!
Attachments
Misawa.zip
(60.85 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Last edited by james84 on 08 Sep 2010, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

james84 wrote:Here we are!
You need to install:
-MAIW packages: Elmendorf, Nellis, Coningsby, Osan, French airbases

Enjoy!
James I can see you have Atsugi library in there as well.

Mark
Mark
james84

Post by james84 »

campbeme wrote:
james84 wrote:Here we are!
You need to install:
-MAIW packages: Elmendorf, Nellis, Coningsby, Osan, French airbases

Enjoy!
James I can see you have Atsugi library in there as well.

Mark
Right, one mistake for me! :smt003
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

Great work James,

I just made a short flight over Misawa, it looks very nice.

ADE9 seems to make it possible to produce sceneries with this amount of detail and objects rather quickly.
I wish it was out earlier - I spent countless hours measuring in Google Earth and then placing guidelines and markers in AFCAD 2.21.

Which flightplans are you using for the Mitsubishi F-2s shown in your screenshots?
Hartwig

james84

Post by james84 »

hawk_sh wrote:Great work James,

I just made a short flight over Misawa, it looks very nice.

ADE9 seems to make it possible to produce sceneries with this amount of detail and objects rather quickly.
I wish it was out earlier - I spent countless hours measuring in Google Earth and then placing guidelines and markers in AFCAD 2.21.

Which flightplans are you using for the Mitsubishi F-2s shown in your screenshots?
Thanks Hartwig!
I find working with ADE9 very enjoyable, so this is not going to be the latest project!
As for the F-2 flightplans, they are custom made. I'll finish them (two squadrons missing) and will upload them in the very next days alongside with other JASDF flightplans.
The aircrafts are not F-2s, but HTAI F-16s indeed, and I'll also provide an aircraft.cfg file in order to have all the serials in the sim (the ones I found, at least), using Graham King's repaints.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

james84 wrote:
djnocturnal wrote:looks great!
Thanks!
I built a home for your repaints! :mrgreen:
awesome, it really turned out great! I thought about working on Aviano but I just don't have the time. ADE9 looks like a program I need to get!
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

It's great for adding some life to existing default airprts. I did one for RAF Akrotiri that i enjoyed doing.
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks for the kudos guys!
I am bound to upload the flightplans for the F-2s so that you can see even more aircrafts!
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Very good job James.
Now....waiting for Trapani... :wink:

Giorgio
james84

Post by james84 »