Aviano ADE scenery

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
james84

Re: Aviano ADE scenery

Post by james84 »

Thanks Felix!
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by starlifterfan »

Downloaded Aviano , thank you for making this available, great work, Thank you.
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

A few weeks ago I wonder why someone didn't do this.

Thank you james84
VIVA LA VIDA
james84

Post by james84 »

Thank you guys!
Miljan, actually there are already two Aviano sceneries: one is payware (Cloud9) and is for FS2004, and one is free (by globusworld) but works only with FSX!
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Great job James, one problem I have is that the ai a/c run off the end of the runway after landing & taxy through the built-up area instead of taxy-ways to their shelters! Any idea's why?
Dave
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Have you checked for multiple afcads?
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
james84

Post by james84 »

merlin101 wrote:Great job James, one problem I have is that the ai a/c run off the end of the runway after landing & taxy through the built-up area instead of taxy-ways to their shelters! Any idea's why?
Dave
Thanks for pointing this up, Dave, I may have forgot to "disconnect" some of the servicing roads from the taxiways. I had a quick check and nothing of this kind seemed to happen though.
As Shaggy said, have you checked whether you have other afcads installed?
You usually install afcads in the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder, which has a higher priority than the ADE Scenery folder (if you have one).
Let me know!
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Yep, no other AFCADS apart from 'stock'. I'll keep checking anyway!
Dave
james84

Post by james84 »

merlin101 wrote:Yep, no other AFCADS apart from 'stock'. I'll keep checking anyway!
Dave
Hmmm...sounds strange!
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

james84 wrote:Thank you guys!
Miljan, actually there are already two Aviano sceneries: one is payware (Cloud9) and is for FS2004, and one is free (by globusworld) but works only with FSX!

I know for both of them but I don't use FSX and don't rally like payware things :lol:

Miljan
VIVA LA VIDA
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Gents,

I had the blank HAS problems with this scenery as well, and none of the suggested solutions here or in the Osan support thread worked either. I managed to stumble across the fix though almost by accident. If you're stuck, take the two bmp files (has1 and has3) from the Osan 'texture' folder and copy them across to your main 'texture' folder in your main FS9 folder. It worked for me.

Gary
Military aviation photography in the UK

My photo website
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks Gary!
james84

Post by james84 »

As you may have already read, I wanted to update the scenery. When I made this scenery in August, I used the Google Earth image, which is a bit out of date, but I manage to find some recent photos and noticed that there have been some important changes that would require a major rework, and at the moment I don't have much time to do this.
Therefore, this "v3" features different fixes and above all sorts out the problem of heavies not having a parking. I also added several parking spots for the many visiting fighters and a few new objects from the MAIW Cargo library, plus removed some of the light poles, there were too many.
Just an advice: there are at least four Dyess B-1s using the base (MAIW package). They have the MIL_COMBAT parking code, so you should see them sitting on the fighters' ramp. In my B-1 aircraft.cfg I changed the code to MIL_CARGO in order to have them sitting at the cargo parking spots. Anyway, it's up to you to choose.
Remove the old file before copying this one in your ADE scenery or Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.
As usual, FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDBAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
LIPA_ADE9_GGv3.BGL
(144.36 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Thanks James :D

Mark
Mark
james84

Post by james84 »

You're welcome!
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

A lovely scenery... I wanted to ask if you have any pointers on creating a photo-realistic backdrop/scenery for an airport. I looked at a couple of screenshots from page 2 and you used one (it appears) for a template in ADE, but would you or anyone have a method or suggest a way to bring that background into FS as a scenery background.
james84

Post by james84 »

There actually is a program that allows you to do this: it is called FS Earth Tiles and it has been developed by a fellow Italian IIRC.
I tried it only once, it was not difficult to use and the result was very nice! Of course I let it go because it was too heavy for my old PC!
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read. ... 835&t=6835

EDIT: this link should work
http://rapidshare.com/#!download|88|131 ... 0.zip|5334
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

Thanks James, I'll be giving that a try then. I really appreciate the pointers. :)
james84

Post by james84 »

Kurosaki wrote:Thanks James, I'll be giving that a try then. I really appreciate the pointers. :)
You're welcome!
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

Ok, I spent about an hour messing with it, and understand coordinate systems, but I guess my dilemma is that I don't understand the process or steps to "place" the background image or what order is required in the program. I've searched quite a bit but cant seem to find a tutorial on it anywhere.