Middle East languages and fonts

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Middle East languages and fonts

Post by Graham King »

I am currently doing a series of paints, non MAIW, of middle east air forces. I would like to get the text correct but I am having difficulty.

Would anybody out there be a semi expert on this and be able to help me with languages and fonts.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Middle East languages and fonts

Post by kungfuman »

What exactly would you be needing this "semi-expert" to do?

I have a passing interest, but no expertise...
Dan
james84

Post by james84 »

Have you thought about using Google Translate?
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

Here is my problem. This is a Jordanian Air Force aircraft http://www.airliners.net/photo/Jordan-- ... 35968b7c2d

The best I have found is from Wikipedia سلاح الجو الملكي الأردني

As you can see the two are not the same. What I am looking for is somebody who can provide me with the correct text and if required font.

I am afraid the translation does not work most of the time.

I can trace it using vectors but it never looks good. Having the correct text and font gives a much better quality finish to the paint.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

foufure

Post by foufure »

Have you tried this web site : http://www.dafont.com ?
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

i might have that font Graham, but i cant do anything untill i get home at the weekend.
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

While I cannot help you Graham, I thought I would add a litttle humor to the situation. I understand you are just trying to get a duplicate of the font shown on the aircraft, and I can well understand the problems of getting a translation of the English "Royal Jordanian Air Force" into a language, and font which not only is not as adaptable as English in making up words to describe newer concepts which did not exist years ago, but also has many different fonts of modern, and high Arabic, and of course probably is not a literal translation. In the following case a literal translation is exactly what happened:

Back in the 80's the company for whom I was working were shipping many electronic and construction items into the Middle East, and in this particular instance to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. This was a multi container shipment, and in one box in one container was an Apple Macintosh Computer for our office. This got translated from the manifest into something like this in English, "A fruit of the tree which does arithmetic". :roll:
Needless to say the entire shipment was held up for a few days, until we could get an appointment with Saudi Arabian customs, and explain exactly what the item we were importing consisted. :D

Good luck!
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."