Canadian F-18 eject sequence pics

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
ronniegj

Canadian F-18 eject sequence pics

Post by ronniegj »

This turned up on this mornings FlightAware daily news posting

Ron

Edit: see below
Last edited by nickblack423 on 04 Mar 2011, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: Canadian F-18 eject sequence pics

Post by nickblack423 »

Ron,

Sorry deleted the links to these photos as, when I clicked on them my Computer got stung with a nasty Spam virus which installed an ANTIVIRUS ANTISPYWARE program that I later found out was a scam virus. I had to find help on the itnernet to remove it.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Gad! Sorry that happened. I tested the links as soon as the post was made to insure it worked, and had no problems at all. Perhaps, because you are not in the US there was some interim thingy. Anyway, I can't copy and post the pic's as I'm sure they are copyrighted - they do have FlightAware water marks.
They were really impressive - first shot shows the a/c rolled towards the photographer looking down into the cockpit with the canopy just a few feet gone and still firing the small rocket charges to clear the airframe, and the second shows the pilot a few feet clear of the cockpit with ejection rocket at full thrust. Amazing pictures.

Ron
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

ronniegj wrote:Gad! Sorry that happened. I tested the links as soon as the post was made to insure it worked, and had no problems at all. Perhaps, because you are not in the US there was some interim thingy. Anyway, I can't copy and post the pic's as I'm sure they are copyrighted - they do have FlightAware water marks.
They were really impressive - first shot shows the a/c rolled towards the photographer looking down into the cockpit with the canopy just a few feet gone and still firing the small rocket charges to clear the airframe, and the second shows the pilot a few feet clear of the cockpit with ejection rocket at full thrust. Amazing pictures.

Ron
Yeh they were mate before I got attacked. It might be just me but I thought I best remove the link in case anyone else gets stung.

Cheers mate

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I had a look at the shots before Nick removed the links from my work pc. I'm in Italy but we access Internet from the servers located in London and I had no problem.

BTW, amazing shots :wink:

Giorgio
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

There's about 13 or 14 pic's in the sequence . The photographer had them online somewhere else last November.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Just tried to find the same pic's from another source, but couldn't. Many different pic's and video on youtube, but none exactly the same. Still worth looking on Google to see what you can find, as it was an amazing escape at the very last second.

Ron
tjwhite56
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tjwhite56 »

nickblack423 wrote:Ron,

Sorry deleted the links to these photos as, when I clicked on them my Computer got stung with a nasty Spam virus which installed an ANTIVIRUS ANTISPYWARE program that I later found out was a scam virus. I had to find help on the itnernet to remove it.

Nick
I got the same type of thing when I clicked on the photo that was posted in this thread
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =17&t=9570
I just had to do a complete reinstall because of a similar thing about three weeks ago, that time my AV and spyware blocker didnt pick it up, and when I was trying to get rid of it, I completey piled up my system and had to take it somewhere and have it reformatted and windows reinstalled. Where does crap like that come from, and why do only some get it? :?