Scenery Aircraft Hangers.

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Scenery Aircraft Hangers.

Post by wbunnell »

Where can I find, hangers, and other items, used in numerous MAIW packages, some have the doors all the way open, some are half way open?
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Scenery Aircraft Hangers.

Post by CelticWarrior »

I guess you'll find them in the MAIW packages :roll:

And they're hangars, by the way.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

I've got those, and, I am using them. The question is " Where can I find, hangers, and other items, used in numerous MAIW packages? Somewhere there is a library, with those items, in inventory.

Didn't know spelling, was a prerequisite for membership!
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

wbunnell wrote:Didn't know spelling, was a prerequisite for membership!
It isn't, but I do enjoy a bit of educating. It makes me feel superior.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

In the scenery folders of the pertinent packages? I'm not sure what you are asking.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

BadPvtDan wrote:In the scenery folders of the pertinent packages? I'm not sure what you are asking.
In some of the, MAIW Packages, there are, Scenery Library's, in these Library's, there are different items, hangArs, towers, etc.
The gentlemen , "John Stinstrom, Mike Guenther", that make the Scenery Library's, obtain the items from somewhere.

My question is are these Scenery Library's, not the ones they make, the ones they use, available somewhere?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

They make them with FSDS.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by kungfuman »

wbunnell wrote:The gentlemen , "John Stinstrom, Mike Guenther", that make the Scenery Library's, obtain the items from somewhere.
Often they make them themselves, or their friends may contribute the odd item of scenery too on occasion. Ultimately, they are "obtained" from the creative forces of MAIW!
Dan
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Made from scratch. Compiled into libraries after enough common objects have been made.

If it's an MAIW library, we made it. If it's one of the other libraries that we occasionally make use of in our packages, a different person most likely created the objects from scratch and compiled them into a library of objects.

Modeling a scenery object like a hangar with FSDS and then compiling that hangar into a library of objects are two separate processes, both of which we do ourselves.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

Question Answered. Thank You.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Just curious but where did you think they came from?
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

BadPvtDan wrote:Just curious but where did you think they came from?
Didn't know, was hoping there was a scenery file like Flight Ones, Instant scenery was available, somewhere.

I'm looking for single flat top hangars, for the U-2s, and fighters, like the ones in the Beale package.

Also looking for hangars, like the oval top in Hill AFB, some of the hangars at Edwards, are oval top, but would look kind of odd if they said Hill AFB on the top.

Plus numerous other but a lot of them have a large amount of out buildings included.