KC-135 Serial number fonts

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

KC-135 Serial number fonts

Post by phantomfreak »

Where can I find the fonts to add serial numbers to a texture that I'm trying to paint? Also the U.S. Flag that is on the tail?
Bazinga!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: KC-135 Serial number fonts

Post by MIKE JG »

USAF fonts are usually a font called "Amarillo USAF". You can do a Google search for that font name and download and then add it to your version of Windows.

For the flag, do a Google image search for "American Flag gif" that should get you what you need.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

LOVE that font...been using it the last couple of years for a lot of different things.

Would there happen to be a free version of the 'shadowed' version? Or has anyone made that font/modified it off the Amarillo? I know there is a 34$ oneout there.. but comon...(http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/radardesign/b-52/)
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

I usually just use the drop shadow in PSPX3 or Photoshop. Not using GIMP so do not know if it will do that.

Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

With the drop shadow effect, can the shadow be colored? I.e. a black or gray number/letter with a red shadow.
Bazinga!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

You can also just copy/duplicate the first set of letters/numbers as a second layer in whatever color you want, then just move them into the correct shadowed position.
-Mike G.

Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

dang...thats a no go with Gimp (I'm pretty sure anyways...guess I need to break down and get the Adobe suite before Im not a student soon and cant get the discount.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

You can get older versions of PSP or PhotoShop on Ebay for less than $10 including shipping, you don't need all the bells and whistles. My version of PSP is 6 years old.
-Mike G.

ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

Yes letters and shadows can be done in any color. Shadows can be various degrees of opacity and blur. Shadows can be various degrees of up/down and left/right. And as Mike said, the shadow can be placed on a different layer.

Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."