Century Series (American Heavy Metal)

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: Century Series (American Heavy Metal)

Post by bismarck »

Hi Mike, great stuff. :smt023
I don't know exactly which differences there are between models, so I'd ask if you have considered the S model or it won't be part of the project.
Giorgio
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

mikeblaze wrote:Here are the core F-104 primitive models, these five will serve for the package I have planned......
Looking good !! At last a decent looking F and TF104 G !
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Don H »

mikeblaze wrote:To all,

This thread is far from kaput, I am just finishing my F-4 projects that I have open for now, plus the Crusader, since that is my oldest open original project (started it before the Lightning and Fishbed). In my breaks from these projects, I pick at the Century series models every week, but no pix unless a big progress is made on a particular model. I started a new primitive shape last night, I will post pix for it in the next few days. It's called Starfighter, more info to follow. I know there is a decent AI F-104 out there, but I want to do this one in my comprehensive (anal-retentive) manner, with all of the operational variants; plus the two-seater.

So, the manifest for the planned Century Series models is as follows, and will include as many operational variants as humanly possible:

F-100 Super Sabre, Jake Burrus/Mike Pearson (JMAI)
F-101 Voodoo, Mike Pearson (MPAI)
F-102 Delta Dagger, Mike Pearson (MPAI)
F-104 Starfighter, Mike Pearson (MPAI)
F-105 Thunderchief, Jake Burrus/Mike Pearson (JMAI)
F-106 Delta Dart, Mike Pearson (MPAI)

More to follow.

MP
I'm going to try to knock these out within the next year (summer 2013).
Yes!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Mike :smt026 :smt023 :smt041 These beauties are going to be all over my silverwings skies!

Don
Don H
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Took a little sanity break from cranking out a lot of new models this holiday season, and started texture-mapping the first Starfighters. Here are some F-104Gs in the service of the Lufwaffe and Bundesmarine. The Bundesmarine aircraft carries AS.34 Kormorans and AIM-9Bs, the dark green Sidewinders I found in a photo somewhere. I have some more draft textures done, I will post some more pix in a few days. Before anybody emails me to remind me not to forget their country or variant, I am listing in this email what I have planned for this aircraft, model-wise....

F-104A/C, common model, single-seat with early small rudder, three hard points (I think the C model has five hard points)
F-104B, first two-seater, one-piece canopy
F-104D, two-seater with early rudder and two-piece canopy
F-104G/J, common model, single-seat with later large rudder, seven hard points
F-104S/AMA, Italian variant, no gun (to accomodate Aspide radar), two extra ventral fins, nine hard points
TF-104G/DJ, common model, two-seat with late rudder and two-piece canopy

As for countries or operators (I count NASA as a separate operator from the USAF), I have 16 operators total, so I don't think I forgot anybody.

Mike Mac is doing the FDE for this one, this aircraft is from his generation, so I am letting him have fun with it.

Drooling is totally okay at this point, lol.

MP
Attachments
mpai_f104g_draft_textures.jpg
Bora

Post by Bora »

Yes !!! I am drooling already !!

:D
asizi
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by asizi »

Wow, it´s great! The entire century series! Dreams will be come true. Thanks for it. :D 8)
B.t.w., if you need pictures of the German 104´s, please let me know. I´ve got several issues of the "F-40" book series and other rarities.
There are lot of good pics in it for paint jobs.

Cheers from Germany :wink:
Arne
ruggerfan
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ruggerfan »

OMG!!! I am in heaven! I can give you all tail numbers of the F-102's of the Wisconsin ANG if you wish, along with the TF-102 assigned to them.....

Many thanks, Larry
Larry
USAF Veteran
Air Transportation
"Life is like herding cats through a fish market."
ruggerfan
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ruggerfan »

Mike,
Yep it was I and the Ito request. But these will be better for the frame rates! :wink:

-Larry
Larry
USAF Veteran
Air Transportation
james84

Post by james84 »

WOW!
If you need reference, I have a lot! Just ask!
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

I have been painting Luftwaffe and Aeronautica Militare serials lately, but didn't forget the title of this thread........ Yeah, those are finished single-LOD beta models..... well, at least the F-104C..... :smt114
Attachments
mpai_f104_traffic.jpg
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Can't wait for these :smt003

Giorgio
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Larry's gonna go nuts over this one...... single-LOD beta models, getting FDE finished up in the next few weeks or so...... :smt114
Attachments
mpai_f102_alpha.jpg
ruggerfan
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ruggerfan »

:shock: Oh yeah, magnificent Mike! :smt118 Is there a TF-102 in the works? BTW, the 2 different wings (Case X and XX) are awesome!

Larry
Larry
USAF Veteran
Air Transportation
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hey Mike, don't take this as a request, but speaking of delta wings, comes to my mind one of my favourite aircraft ever.
Have you ever considered the B-58 Hustler?

Ciao, Giorgio
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

I am holding off on the Hustler, I think Frank's outfit (GlowingHeat) is doing a B-58, and there might be an AI model there; if that's the case I don't want to undercut their work with a freeware AI model (at least for now); it's a respect thing. However, there are other delta-wing aircraft of the era, and they're not American (hint, hint.......). I have some more primitive model work not shown yet, there will probably be a couple of new threads in Mikes Mad Modeling Shop in January. I also have the F-106, I am getting ready to bring that up to single-LOD beta probably this next week.

More as it comes...... :smt114

MP
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Oh yeah, everything I am doing will include one- and two-seaters (that's for Larry's question).

I've only released four original model groups to date, but in 2012 I released in excess of 70 original models with all of the variants. This does not include the heavy mod work on the Skyhawk and Phantom. I am pretty humble about this because my stuff is far from perfect, but I certainly earned my pay this year in the hobby ( :smt005 ); and I couldn't have done it to the quality level I have so far without fearless input from a lot of people, and support from everybody in the hobby who subcribes to my work. So, in a word, thanks, and hold on to your ass for 2013, it's gonna be good.......

MP
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

Everything looks marvelous!
ruggerfan
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ruggerfan »

It's a wonderful thing you are doing for the hobby Mike, I cannot thank you enough for your work in this area. It is nice for those who model an earlier era to have these colorful aircraft, much better imho, than the monotonous grey lawn darts of today (reference to all the F-16's out there). I tire of all the same shade grey of today's aircraft, in a simple term....BORING!

But I end my rant..... :smt076, A Merry Christmas to all!!!!!
Larry
USAF Veteran
Air Transportation
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Actually, I have something very grey planned for the new year....... But I do like the old days when the flight line looked like a candy store shelf..... :P
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Here is a liittle Italian Christmas present for Bismark........ Happy holidays everybody..... :smt114
Attachments
mpai_f104_italy.jpg