AI BlackHawk

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
jrbirdman
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: AI BlackHawk

Post by jrbirdman »

John Young wrote:I'll make a deal with you then. You provide accurate drawings, paint scheme, serial numbers and performance specs and I'll build it.

John
More than a fair reply. Since we both know I couldn't do that, I wave the white flag. Lol Can't blame a guy for trying though. Well, you CAN but errrrm......... Never mind. Lol anywho, I apologize if I upset you. It really DOES look epic so far!!!! Kindest regards, Jeremy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No, of course you didn't upset me Jeremy. I also wanted to make the Stealth Hawk and we did explore the possibilities in the Staff and Contributors forum, but there is just nothing reliable to work from. In fact the only sound evidence we have is a tail fin. Sorry, I couldn't resist responding that way.

John
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by lewis »

MH-60M?
Attachments
Moody_1.JPG
Moody_2.JPG
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

lewis wrote:MH-60M?

:smt006

John is going to need to file some sort of injunction to keep me from playing with this paintkit any more.
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

Now I'm starting to drool! I will be so happy to dump my flyable helos for AI.
jrbirdman
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jrbirdman »

clickclickdoh wrote:
lewis wrote:MH-60M?

:smt006

John is going to need to file some sort of injunction to keep me from playing with this paintkit any more.
Wow, it AMAZES me that these AI helos look WAAAAAAY better than even the older Alphasim/Virtavia Blackhawk. I dare say it rivals even MILVIZ! I am just amazed at the quality of these models! It looks as though you can just walk up, start her, and go! Very, VERY impressive!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The "R" model with the torpedo load-out now has the replacement AQS-13F dipping sonar transponder in the cabin, as requested, along with the associated winch. I've retained the animated dip version in the model folder as an option, but added a new one with the animation removed and the sonar fixed in the cabin. Users can swap them over in the model.cfg as they wish.

This is red and white rose (Jayhawk) amongst the thorns:

I've made two variations. The first one has the standard animated crew door that closes before departure. The second one has a permanently open door with a crewman kneeling (and safely tethered) in the cabin entrance:

One more to go I think - the Presidential "White Hawk"........................

John
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Were you still thinking of doing the Ms with the upturned exhausts?

Oh, and HOLY BEJEBUS those are beautiful.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

John Young wrote:I'll make a deal with you then. You provide accurate drawings, paint scheme, serial numbers and performance specs and I'll build it.

John

Can we do this deal with other models of aircrafts ???

Like F-16 Block 52+, Chineese J-20 or J-31, or other chineese act, or the pakistani J-17 ? Heli EC-145/EC-135 ?

For you H-60 serie, juste some words... WHAT AN AMAZING WORK !!! Thanks a lot for them. Very nice heli.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'll think about the "M" after I've done the VH-60. I haven't yet found a decent enough set of photographs that gives me the side and top views of the upturned exhausts to model them with confidence.

I might consider an F-16 Block 52+ if the material is something I can work with, including a very good 3-view. After the Black Hawk family though, I'm going to take a break and enjoy the summer.

John
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

John the JayHawks look amazing! I think those are my favorite versions yet! Well done!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

John

These are stunning. I had to look twice to see it was indeed a model and not the real thing.

Looking forward to these.

John
Reggie
Captain
Captain

Post by Reggie »

When available?

Reggie
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks for your kind comments everyone. It's a hobby so I'm reluctant to give firm completion dates. However, it should take me all of next week to do the White Hawk with some serious surgery of doors and windows. I may also do the "M" which wouldn't take long given some good reference material for the engine modifications. Then it's a bit of documentation.

As well as my two testers here, I'll invite a couple more, that I know have an interest in the subject, to sign off the models before general release.

John
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Mad skills involved there!!! Superb!!! :D
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

I'm not qualified to critique your work, but I hope to be among your first consumers.

Woogey and I are working hard on Fort Lewis Gray AAF -- we already got parking reserved for your Blackhawks.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Again, WOW! Is the interior built on the Jayhawk as well? Should only need a few antennas and the smaller FLIR under the nose to make those MH-60T Jayhawks. I did forget to mention about "flying" animations, if you do model the SH-60B, the MAD bird could be lowered at cruise and be somewhat accurate. The crewman looks great sitting in the door, which is where I spent most of my time over the ocean! Any plans for folding main rotorblades and tails on the USN models?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Here is some infos about H-60 versions.

You can see the EH-60A Quick Fix for jamming enemy radio communications, the EH-60B for ground surveillance missions. These two version with their under carriage antenna.

http://www.sikorskyarchives.com/S-70A%2 ... 20Fix).php

And on this page, other infos, with differents motors

http://www.airvectors.net/avs70_1.html
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks for that. I didn't realise there was a "T" version of the Jayhawk. As that's the latest version, I'll add the additional nose radomes and change the aerials on the models.

Yes, I have modelled the Jayhawk interior - as best I can.

I wasn't planning on building the EH-60A and EH-60B.

So far we have 10 model variations, with the 11th (VH-60 White Hawk) well underway and the 12th (MH-60M) to follow that as a separate "L" derivative if I can get the engine exhausts right.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

John, the "T" is mostly concerned with cockpit changes (glass panel), externally the FLIR ball is the most notable difference.

Agree with the EH-60, all that are still flying are at Ft. Rucker in the initial training role (ELINT capability removed), none to my knowledge other than special testing (Redstone Arsenal/Huntsville AL) are in use.

I also was taken back when I first saw the upturned exhaust coming out on the "M" models real world (same with AH-64D ASPI exhaust), so if you have to the standard HIRSS (boxed) exhaust that would work for now. Major external differences for a "L" to "M" are the upturned exhaust, folding stabilator, step fairings (below cockpit doors) and main rotor blade turned down tips.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris