NH-90

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: NH-90

Post by Joseph29 »

I would like to look at that manual for converting AI aircraft. Maybe if it's not too complicated I will give it a go. I have always wanted John Young's Austian Blackhawk model in P3D but it was never converted.

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... force-jyai
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

I have (maybe) had a thought: are any of the models in the recently-published packages close enough to the published FSX/P3D models, so these could be used as models?

Jorgen
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Victory103 wrote: 04 Sep 2023, 22:46 Gavin, given the current state of MSFS AI, focusing on P3Dv4+ again. Requesting the instruction manual as I've been slowing learning MCX. Thanks
Chris,
I'll have to dig it out, not sure where it is any more although I thought I had uploaded it here (guess not). It has been quite a while since I looked at the conversions as when I was doing them there weren't many flight plans and (as I said) too many variants just to convert for the sake of converting.

stay tuned

Gavin
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

gavinc wrote: 06 Sep 2023, 22:54
Victory103 wrote: 04 Sep 2023, 22:46 Gavin, given the current state of MSFS AI, focusing on P3Dv4+ again. Requesting the instruction manual as I've been slowing learning MCX. Thanks
Chris,
I'll have to dig it out, not sure where it is any more although I thought I had uploaded it here (guess not). It has been quite a while since I looked at the conversions as when I was doing them there weren't many flight plans and (as I said) too many variants just to convert for the sake of converting.

stay tuned

Gavin
You'd uploaded it to AIG...

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am2Fnz2wsOPB_Up6Hc4 ... k?e=lSiZiF

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

Could anybody point me in the direction of any AFCAD,s or scenery for fsx for

ETHN-Niederstetten
ETHS-Fassberg

ETHB-Buckeburg I have

Regards Paul Day
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Hi Paul. This package might help, but you'll have to update it to FSX. FS2004 German Military Sceneries.
paul day
Captain
Captain

Post by paul day »

Tim
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a rummage.

Regards Paul Day.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

jimrodger wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 08:01
gavinc wrote: 06 Sep 2023, 22:54
Chris,

stay tuned

Gavin

Jim
Hi Jim,
That was a generic conversion manual I created. There is a specific document that walks thru step by step how to convert the NH-90 models. If I remember correctly it included custom xml code and parts.

Still digging, it must be somewhere on my HDD.

Gavin
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

gavinc wrote:
jimrodger wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 08:01
gavinc wrote: 06 Sep 2023, 22:54 Chris,

stay tuned

Gavin

Jim
Hi Jim,
That was a generic conversion manual I created. There is a specific document that walks thru step by step how to convert the NH-90 models. If I remember correctly it included custom xml code and parts.

Still digging, it must be somewhere on my HDD.

Gavin
Cheers Gavin

Would love a copy if you find it.... haven't tried any conversion stuff before, so a good walk-through would probably be a godsend

Jim

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

paul day wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 07:09 Tim
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a rummage.

Regards Paul Day.
If there's nothing there that suits, give me a shout. After doing Ahlhorn and Oldenburg for John's Meteor package I probably have enough resources to do Fassberg without too much extra work. Niederstetten wasn't RAF, so its building stock is all different to my stuff, and it has been significantly modernised over the years so it would be a bigger project.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

FSX / P3D Conversion kit

Post by gavinc »

Found it!

The kit contains a conversion manual and some of the common parts (blurred rotors, engine covers etc) that are needed for the NH-90 conversion to FSX or P3D (the process is the same since there in no lightmap).

This was written in 2021 and so hopefully will still work with the current version of MCX.

Gavin
Attachments
LHAI_NH90 Conversion Kit.zip
(430.95 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

Now there's no excuse any more, I have to go and try my hand in this!

Hopefully the helos will fly when I'm done, and not act like lead gliders.

Jorgen
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Australia Army & Navy MRH-90 repaints and FPs..

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am2Fnz2wsOPB_VhYjgG ... I?e=DsI5ED

Jim
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Gavin,
I can now see why the conversion process takes so long, between the linked guide and the above NH-90 kit, I'm almost overwhelmed. Like other things, a few repetitions will help. Sooo many models for each operator.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

jimrodger wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 19:52 Australia Army & Navy MRH-90 repaints and FPs..

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am2Fnz2wsOPB_VhYjgG ... I?e=DsI5ED

Jim
Thanks Jim,
I had the Aussie birds 90% converted before I got overwhelmed (13 models for the Army and 2 more for the Navy), I guess I will go back and finish them off for FSX and P3D users.

Although I thought I read that the Aussies were dumping the NH-90s because they weren't reliable.

Gavin
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

Jorgen, Chris

I'm here to help. I suggest we let each other know which models are being done.

New Zealand & Belgium are released and in the Library.

I have Australia mostly done (I stopped when I realized there were no flight plans around).

Gavin
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I have already prepared the NH90 conversion packs 2, 3 & 4.

2: Sweden (18 models) & Norway (9 models)
3: Germany (10 models)
4: Italy (14 models)

All textures are converted. If you by chance convert these countries, drop me the models and the package is good to go.
Cheers,
Martin
Captain

Post by paul day »

Gavin
I,ve tried to use the link above to download the Austrailian Army and Navy MRH-90 repaints and FP but it says it is no longer available.
It,s only 10 days old so is it just me unable to download it?

Regards Paul Day.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

paul day wrote:Gavin
I,ve tried to use the link above to download the Austrailian Army and Navy MRH-90 repaints and FP but it says it is no longer available.
It,s only 10 days old so is it just me unable to download it?

Regards Paul Day.
All my Onedrive files have been uploaded to and are now available in the download library, so they've been removed from my Onedrive.

Jim

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

The models have multiplied since I last looked:

Pack 2: Sweden (18 models / 17 paints) & Norway (9 models / 13 paints) & Finland (14 models / 20 paints) = 41 models
Pack 3: Germany (37 models / 84 paints) & France (26 models / 86 paints) = 63 models
Pack 4: Italy Army (14 models / 41 paints), Italy Navy (15 models / 0 paints) & Spain (7 models / 21 paints) = 36 models
Pack 5: Greece (7 models / 18 paints) & Netherlands (13 models / 19 paints) = 20 models
Pack 6 : Australia (14 models / 27 paints) & Oman (8 models / 18 paints) = 22 models

All textures are converted. If you by chance convert these countries, drop me the models and the packages are good to go.

Not painted is the Italy Navy - or did I miss this package?
Cheers,
Martin