The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FSX Brize Norton Scenery

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: FSX Brize Norton Scenery

Post by kungfuman »

Firebird wrote: 01 Apr 2022, 06:40 It is possible to convert libraries back to FS9. I did this with an FSX scenery for Mount Pleasant. What is not possible to convert the afcads 100%.
Tools like AFX, and presumably ADE, will load the newer afcads fine and will save them to FS9 standard but will therefore drop any features not covered by the FS9 standard, such as fences and roads. These you would have to add back manually.
Thank you Steve - I have forgotten a lot but I'm starting to remember... Thanks for reminding me of the basic approach one can take.

I put so much into adjusting my FS9 for realism back in the day, eg. editing stock files to get more realistic air traffic service areas in UK (St Athan radar used to be offered all over the UK in default set up) that I'm reluctant to give it up, but also wanting to get into VFR flying over photo-real scenery so maybe I should treat myself to FSX and start all over again? Sounds like much pain though.

AFD editing was my skill though so I'm happy to relearn that stuff.
Dan