Problem with Nimrod AI

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
MACC
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by MACC »

GrahamS wrote:It is good to see the advances being made, and good luck to Matt with the LODS, a modified Nimrod with LODs would be a great advance. The current one is a good improvement but with a full compliment at Kinloss, the LODs would make a lot of difference.
The kinloss was my first pack, im gonna be re-doing it again, using waypoints, all my new packages, Coltishall,leeming will have used waypoints, im still learning.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

It was a joke about the serviceability rate of the real-world Nimrod fleet. I know why multi-LOD models are important.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

I suspected as much CW...LOL Fortunately mine don't need quite so much servicing and fewer replacement parts and they are absolutely reliable. My comment really was to further the discussion on UKMIL using LODs.
Which way is up?
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

The great thing is that we have a good AI Nimrod now, and Matt can and probably will add additional LODs in due time. UKMil has already declared to believe in the AI multi LOD principal and they do support FSX :wink:

Cheers,
Martin
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

I agree the model itself is good, but with fifteen of them at Kinloss simply looking at an AI aircraft at Lossiemouth in the direction of Kinloss kills the framerate and that is the point here.

The fact that UKMIL are seeing the light is the best news and I can't wait for the next releases.
Which way is up?
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Great to see yet more good AI models being produced, whoever is making them - and I can do with a good Grob to replace the flyable one I'm using for AI at the moment! Keep up the good work!
Where did I put my beer??!
ukmil

Post by ukmil »

we have already made a Grob tutor and it will be released in the LEUCHARS pack with the F3
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

I registered at the site yesterday, but as yet haven't received a confirmation email.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Guys can we please not start making this into a UKMIL support forum....if you need any details or have any problems with UKMIL projects and packages then please use the UKMIL website/forum and contact emails to get help.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"