Aviano ADE scenery

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
james84

Re: Aviano ADE scenery

Post by james84 »

A couple of shots...

As you can see I started replacing the hangars with the ones with doors. I tried to move the library files down in the scenery priority list but it had no effect so I won't be using Lakenheath's hangars until I find a solution. These are the RAF type shelters. I also have to do some tweak with the runway, as the aircrafts parked on the southwest apron taking off from rwy.5 cross the runway and line up on the left side.
Wolfhound
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Wolfhound »

Very nice, i love aviano,are you gonna share it with us when it is ready :?: :?: :?:
james84

Post by james84 »

Wolfhound wrote:Very nice, i love aviano,are you gonna share it with us when it is ready :?: :?: :?:
Thanks!
Of course, this scenery will be available for download! :mrgreen:
Wolfhound
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Wolfhound »

Great can,t wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
james84

Post by james84 »

Wolfhound wrote:Great can,t wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's almost ready! The hangars (this time they are the correct ones, I've extracted them from Osan) are placed and most of the buildings too! Then I have to check if all the taxiways have lights and add ramp lightings, and few other details such as fences and ground support. Moreover, I have to fix a small issue with the behaviour of AI aircrafts, but it's 70% complete. You'll also find some objects in the sorrounds of the base). It will not be perfect but I hope you'll enjoy it as well as I enjoyed making it! :mrgreen:
Today's update

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Nice job James. :smt023

P.S. I'm working on Ghedi LIPL
james84

Post by james84 »

bismarck wrote:Nice job James. :smt023

P.S. I'm working on Ghedi LIPL
Grazie Giorgio!
Hope to see some screenshots of your interpretation of Ghedi soon!
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Cianofranc »

Don't you like mine LIPL?
Cheers
Luciano

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=146676
james84

Post by james84 »

Cianofranc wrote:Don't you like mine LIPL?
Cheers
Luciano

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=146676
Not bad, not bad!
james84

Post by james84 »

Update: Added fencing all around the airport and some walls plus light poles (maybe too many?).
I've also taken a look to other airports to liven-up: I thought I could work on Trapani-Birgi (home of the remaining Italian F-16s), which is visible with no trouble on Google Earth and Zeltweg, to which I would also add the former F1 track... if only a hi-res aerial photo was available! Is anybody working on them? :mrgreen:
foufure

Post by foufure »

james84 wrote:Update: Added fencing all around the airport and some walls plus light poles (maybe too many?).
I've also taken a look to other airports to liven-up: I thought I could work on Trapani-Birgi (home of the remaining Italian F-16s), which is visible with no trouble on Google Earth and Zeltweg, to which I would also add the former F1 track... if only a hi-res aerial photo was available! Is anybody working on them? :mrgreen:
Very good screens of your Aviano scenery.

For Zeltweg, you can use http://www.flashearth.com/, there is a very good screens of the airfield (chosse the "Microsoft Virtual Earth" mode).
james84

Post by james84 »

foufure wrote:
james84 wrote:Update: Added fencing all around the airport and some walls plus light poles (maybe too many?).
Very good screens of your Aviano scenery.

For Zeltweg, you can use http://www.flashearth.com/, there is a very good screens of the airfield (chosse the "Microsoft Virtual Earth" mode).
Thanks Foufure!
james84

Post by james84 »

Drum rolls... we are almost ready!
I'm sure you'll like it, because there are a lot of details! I hope your PC is powerful enough!
In the meantime be sure you have AT LEAST the following MAIW sceneries installed or you won't be able to see the objects:
Osan
Beaufort
Atsugi
Nellis
Coningsby
Lakenheath

Install these libraries too, all available from Flightsim
ez_flags.zip
ez-flag2.zip
ggse_j3.zip

I've also taken a look around and have the idea to start some other projects...
Wolfhound
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Wolfhound »

Mayby you can do ramstein ab or hahn ab but i don,t know if there are any repaints or flightplans for them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hahn is now only civilian since 1993.

Mark
Mark
Wolfhound
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Wolfhound »

yes i know
james84

Post by james84 »

Wolfhound wrote:Mayby you can do ramstein ab or hahn ab but i don,t know if there are any repaints or flightplans for them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hmmm... I think there are both repaints and flightplans for both Hahn and Ramstein... but actually I was thinking about Trapani-Birgi and Misawa!
james84

Post by james84 »

Here we are!

What's behind the wall is up to you to discover!
I have made sevaral tweaks in order to have a good trade-off between detail and framerates, so I removed several trees, but in the meantime added some ground support. Be aware that there are many objects, so the scenery is quite complex and may slow your PC if it's not powerful enough.
Just download the AF2 file and copy it into your Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.
Anyway, given the high number of libraries used, I preferred to make a new ADE scenery folder to activate AFTER the libraries (which are contained in the MAIW sceneries written some posts before).
Enjoy!
But above all, POST SOME FEEDBACK!!!. This way you'll tell me if I have done sth. wrong and help me correct it.

***CREDITS***
Scenery buildings: MAIW libraries (see above) and Microsoft default.
Flags: taken from EZ-Flags.zip and EZ-Flag2.zip by Lou Frost, available on Flightsim.com
Ground Support Vehicles: taken from GGSE_j3. zip by John Stinstrom, available on Flightsim.com

You can get the AI F-16s from Mark's website: marksfsrepaints.jimdo.com, for which I made flightplans available in the "My Flightplans" thread.
Attachments
LIPA_ADE9_GG.BGL
(135.28 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Wolfhound
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Wolfhound »

i looks great james but my shelthers are black the (lakenheath shelthers)
james84

Post by james84 »

Wolfhound wrote:i looks great james but my shelthers are black the (lakenheath shelthers)
Thanks Wolfhound!
Which hangars are you speaking about? The ones with doors maybe?
If so, I've taken the same from MAIW's Osan scenery, which has the same library as Lakenheath. This because I did not manage to extract Lakenheath's objects, I simply didn't manage to see them. If you install Osan, you should be able to see everything. IMPORTANT EDIT: if you see Osan's hangars white, have a look at the support thread for the package!
It's all about libraries, if they are installed correctly then you'll see the objects. The only thing I've done has been placing them in the airport area!