Search found 43 matches

by scruffyduck
10 Jun 2013, 09:19
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Taxisigns not showing up
Replies: 18
Views: 948

Re: Taxisigns not showing up

If the signs show in the project file and the signs show in FS then I wooud say things are OK. It may be that some signs are being delivered from the stock airport and others by the revised Bgl file. Generally opening the Bgl file is not a good idea since it may not contain what you expect for all s...
by scruffyduck
07 Jun 2013, 06:51

So is the issue now solved?
by scruffyduck
03 Jun 2013, 07:44

Can I understand what you are doing? I think I am reading that you are creating something, compiling it and then opening the Bgl file in ADE? Or are the signs missing in FS?
by scruffyduck
01 Apr 2013, 11:06
Topic: ADE Limits
Replies: 12
Views: 609

Re: ADE Limits

No limits enforced by ADE are 'ADE' limits. They are those from the relevant FS9 or FSX compiler. AFCAD or AFX may not have these limits since they do not use the standard compilers. 4,000 taxi nodes IS a lot. Apart from the compiler they may also be creating a strain on the FS graphics engine.
by scruffyduck
14 Jan 2013, 12:18
Topic: Simple Airport Scanner Released
Replies: 7
Views: 472

Re: Simple Airport Scanner Released

Thanks Jon. Looks and feels like a beefed up ScanAFD, mainly in that it catches some scenery files that ScanAFD doesn't (mainly altitude correction files). Sadly also suffers from the old issue that ScanAFD has, whereby it picks up everything with an "airport header" and assumes that it's...
by scruffyduck
13 Jan 2013, 21:01

That there was a virus associated with that IP. I shoulda grabbed a screen but I'm getting ready to travel. I wanted to have it to play with when I returned next week! It's almost certainly a false alarm and the AVs seem to be doing this more and more. The IP is MediaFire. Sometimes it seems to get...
by scruffyduck
13 Jan 2013, 13:38

There have been a couple of hundred downloads of this tool in the last beta and release. I have not had any other reports of problems. What is Norton saying?
by scruffyduck
13 Jan 2013, 12:25

Simple Airport Scanner Released

Mods - I hope this is OK to place here. If not then please move or remove it. Simple Airport Scanner is a stand alone tool that allows you to scan your scenery files and get a list of Addon airports. It will also help you to understand where you have multiple files containing an airport. SAS does no...
by scruffyduck
23 Dec 2012, 12:47
Topic: Creating Multiple Bases With similar design
Replies: 4
Views: 294

Re: Creating Multiple Bases With similar design

ADE with the ProKey has a move airport feature. This allows an airport to be moved over large distances accurately. This can include buildings and other scenery. At least one group I know are using this to create a base scenery at a nominal location. They then change the reference details of the air...
by scruffyduck
03 Oct 2012, 08:01
Topic: [QUESTION] ADE9 Ground Textures
Replies: 10
Views: 513

Re: [QUESTION] ADE9 Ground Textures

Here's all the default FS9 taxiway texture files from the "Flight Simulator 9/Texture" folder: http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1349233396.jpg So looking at it, you are correct, there is only one texture for concrete. The "cement" option must be a "feel" thi...
by scruffyduck
20 Sep 2012, 16:03
Topic: Now just how........................
Replies: 12
Views: 644

Re: Now just how........................

RKE wrote:There is another way of doing it, it's just time consuming as hell:
ImageImage
Edit: Added ingame view of the same section.
THAT deserves to go into the ADE Hall of Fame (alway assuming we have one :D - which we don't :oops: )
by scruffyduck
20 Sep 2012, 15:58
Topic: ADE Tree fill..
Replies: 2
Views: 274

Re: ADE Tree fill..

ADE in the current verion does not provide a fill tool. However such a tool is present in my old Library Object Manager/Scenery Maker. We are in the process of incorporating the line and fill functions into ADE but I can't say yet when they will be available. I think that Instant Scenery 2 has an ar...
by scruffyduck
15 Aug 2012, 08:17
Topic: Hiding Stock Airports
Replies: 5
Views: 448

Re: Hiding Stock Airports

Stock airports can be removed visually if they are loaded into a tool such as ADE and then everything is deleted and excluded. The resulting compiled file can then hide everything. However it is not possible (other than by hacking the stock AP file) to remove it from the FS airport list. However if ...
by scruffyduck
15 Aug 2012, 08:13
Topic: Creating an Exclude file
Replies: 20
Views: 1046

Re: Creating an Exclude file

If ADEX is reporting that it cannot find a file when trying to compile terrain elements then check that you have specified the path to Shp2Vec.exe correctly. Go to Settings >Options > Folder Tab and click the Find button. Terrain elements use Shp2Vec as the compiler. BglComp is used for airport and ...
by scruffyduck
13 Jul 2012, 15:28
Topic: Little problem with ADE9
Replies: 8
Views: 683

Re: Little problem with ADE9

No I am sorry but I do not have any solution to this at the moment.#
by scruffyduck
17 Jun 2012, 08:19

I got the project and see the same problem that you do. I have asked my colleagues about this issue but so far no one can offer a solution. I will let you know when I get something.
by scruffyduck
16 Jun 2012, 08:34

Textures are something coming from FS9. ADE (or whatever tool is used) will generate the instructions to FS9 in the form of a Bgl file. FS9 then inteprets those. As far as I know there is no transparency capability in apron surfaces. However can you confirm that you created a flatten to establish th...
by scruffyduck
02 Jun 2012, 07:39
Topic: Removing autogen from lengthy taxiways/aux runways?
Replies: 14
Views: 693

Re: Removing autogen from lengthy taxiways/aux runways?

In FSX you can use terrain exclusion polys. SBuilderX will generate these as will ADE.
by scruffyduck
04 May 2012, 08:07
Topic: ADE9x background textures
Views: 565

Re: ADE9x background textures

ADE9 can create flattens. It can't create other types of terrain background at this time. As mentioned above SBuilder is probably the best tool for terrain work
by scruffyduck
21 Apr 2012, 09:04
Topic: Creating an Exclude file
Replies: 20
Views: 1046

Re: Creating an Exclude file

ADE won'r provide a file with just exclusions in it. If the compile is split then excludes and scenery object placement are in the same file. The reason is that this ensures that the excludes are read before any objects placed by the user in the project. If the excludes were in a separate file then ...