The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 52 matches

by Janeway
11 Oct 2017, 05:56
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: European F-16s Part 2: Florennes (EBFS)
Replies: 1
Views: 344

European F-16s Part 2: Florennes (EBFS)

Lately I was reviewing the document for the Kleine Brogel package, since I wished to re-install it. After installing Kleine Brogel, I was naturally looking forward to Part Two - featuring the Belgian F-16s of Florennes - as clearly stated in the document for the Kleine Brogel package, which states: ...
by Janeway
09 Oct 2017, 17:19
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: European F-16's Part 1A: Kleine Brogel AB Support Thread
Replies: 12
Views: 3713

Re: European F-16's Part 1A: Kleine Brogel AB Support Thread

This freeware AI package, produced by Military AI Works, is the first in a series of MAIW packages bringing to life the Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon in service with the various air forces and air arms of the European countries it has been exported to. Chapter 1 depicts the Belgian Air Compo...
by Janeway
03 Jul 2017, 18:13
Forum: FSDS Program Basics
Topic: FSDS Tips and Tricks
Replies: 19
Views: 3470

Re: FSDS Tips and Tricks

Not sure what you mean by "However, I don't know if I can take a break from vertical takeoff and landing", but I have PM'd you some information that you should find useful. John Dear John. Thank you very much for your kind reply. Your response was a lot of help. And thank you very much fo...
by Janeway
16 Sep 2015, 12:51
Topic: Navy Jacksonville Seahawks by Desmond Burrell
Replies: 37
Views: 4240

Re: Navy Jacksonville Seahawks by Desmond Burrell

Thanks for this new AI package for FS9, Des. It blends in nicely with previous MAIW packages, augmenting the helicopter traffic. Every MAIW pack is worth waiting for...and this has been the l-o-n-g-e-s-t wait ever, it seems!! FSX-users are entitled to enjoy MAIW packs, along with the rest of us. MAI...
by Janeway
10 Jul 2015, 13:32
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Quo vadis, MAIW?
Replies: 27
Views: 3446

Re: Quo vadis, MAIW?

+1 Here are some facts worth contemplating (source "FlightSim.com") (correct on 10th July, 2015) FS2004 Early Aircraft.....1049......................FS2004 Warbirds.....1958.................FS2004 Modern Military.....7180 FSX Early Aircraft...........329......................FSX Warbirds.....
by Janeway
24 May 2015, 05:39
Topic: If You Dont' Stand Up for Something,You'll fall for Anything
Replies: 5
Views: 760

If You Dont' Stand Up for Something,You'll fall for Anything

A Hobby is a hobby. IN the computer age some hobbies have never gone out of fashion: Reading books (hard-copy) and building Model Kits (Aircraft, Ships, Cars) FS2004 has been a hobby for many of us. But FSX came along to entice many to move on. Then P3D showed up and now it's P3d v2...v2.5 Lately, F...
by Janeway
14 Mar 2015, 18:41
Topic: NATO Air Weapons Ranges in MAIW packages...ONE question
Views: 463

Re: NATO Air Weapons Ranges in MAIW packages...ONE question

I've seen a Pampa scenery, but don't remind where. I'll have a look on my backup hard disk. For all the other ranges, can you put in wich MAIW pack these range can be found ? Thanks a lot. At short notice, here's what I found in this forum. Go to this topic: It helps you narrow down the search - fo...
by Janeway
14 Mar 2015, 18:22

Re: NATO Air Weapons Ranges in MAIW packages...ONE question

I've seen a Pampa scenery, but don't remind where. I'll have a look on my backup hard disk. For all the other ranges, can you put in wich MAIW pack these range can be found ? Thanks a lot. To be honest..I do NOT. These weapons ranges are installed along with the "Waypoints" found in many ...
by Janeway
14 Mar 2015, 16:31

NATO Air Weapons Ranges in MAIW packages...ONE question

Several MAIW packages contain Weapon Ranges, especially in Europe. Here's a list of what I currently have on my FS9 setup: Capa Frasca Range Siegenburg Range Nordhorne Range Lanzarote Range Helchteren Bombing Range Bardenas Range Spadeadam Range Vliehors Range Suippes Range Tain Range Cape Wrath Ran...
by Janeway
12 Mar 2015, 07:44
Topic: FS9 is a flight simulator. FSX is just a video game... !!!?
Replies: 9
Views: 845

Re: FS9 is a flight simulator. FSX is just a video game... !!!?

ALL packages created by MAIW are intended for FS9 simmers. This post is simply my way of encouraging all these FS9 simmers that sticking to FS9 - whilst many have migrated to FSX - is not such a bad thing. I'm sick of hearing developers (payware) criticize FS9, calling it many names and even "o...
by Janeway
11 Mar 2015, 16:41
Topic: FS9 is a flight simulator. FSX is just a video game... !!!?
Replies: 9
Views: 845

FS9 is a flight simulator. FSX is just a video game... !!!?

Here's what I discovered about FS9 and FSX in a highly detailed tutorial by Tom Gibson (of FS Aviator fame). Please don't take my word for it. This is all found in Tom Gibson's "Propliner Tutorial 2008", available on his website. Feel free to draw your own conclusions, but it does mean th...
by Janeway
17 Nov 2014, 06:52
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: RAF Javelin FS9 and FSX
Replies: 24
Views: 2146

Re: RAF Javelin FS9 and FSX

A word of gratitude for creating this AI jewel which has never existed in FS9...till now. To date, the only two Javelins available have been Kazunori Ito's and Mike Stone's models. Personally, I have always preferred Mr. Ito's version. But nobody ever created repaints for this one...either! Anyway, ...
by Janeway
22 Sep 2014, 08:58
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: New flight sim next year?
Replies: 4
Views: 393

Re: New flight sim next year?

Here's a YouTube clip that might shed more light on the upcoming FS11 which is now definitely destined to show up.....however, the developers of this "new" FS11 are likely to commit the same blunders that doomed "Microsoft FLIGHT". I had a hunch they would bungle it - again!! - f...
by Janeway
22 Sep 2014, 04:19
Topic: Object Libraries for MAIW packages
Views: 584

Re: Object Libraries for MAIW packages

Thanks for explaining why the page is now unavailable, Greg !
by Janeway
21 Sep 2014, 06:18
Topic: Object Libraries for MAIW packages
Views: 584

Object Libraries for MAIW packages

Nowadays, some authors create military airbases using MAIW Object Libraries: Two recent ones are: a) LIMS - Piacenza San Damiano FS9 (see link below) http://www.flightportal.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=255&t=54883 b) FS2004 Zweibrucken Air Base scenery by Brian Clarke (see link below) http://librar...
by Janeway
20 Sep 2014, 01:00
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: THE FSX (and FS9) COMPUTER SYSTEM: THE BIBLE - BY: NickN
Views: 369

THE FSX (and FS9) COMPUTER SYSTEM: THE BIBLE - BY: NickN

Here is a more recent topic by Nick Needham which some may have never set eyes on yet... If you're one of those, maybe you might find some useful tips for your FS9 and PC setup. Though NickN does specify "FSX", his technical advice can also be applied to an FS9 installation, and for that m...
by Janeway
20 Sep 2014, 00:51
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: A little Hard Drive advice - NickN
Replies: 0
Views: 325

A little Hard Drive advice - NickN

Here is a link to a Nick Needham thread that contains invaluable tips for those of us who still use rotary/spinning hard drives. Although many are installed SSDs in their "Tower" or Desktop PCs, most laptops are equipped with traditional rotary/spinning hard drives. If your PC or laptop ha...
by Janeway
19 Sep 2014, 23:50
Topic: General MAIW Package Issues
Replies: 247
Views: 43821

Re:

Something that NickN on avsim suggested is a very specific set of defrag procedures (for FSX) which not only saves disk space but also affects file ordering and program execution due to faster load times. The procedure works for FS9 but the results are not as dramatic. While I don't have the link t...
by Janeway
13 Jun 2014, 10:29
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: MAIW ABO 147 model - MISSING textures
Views: 245

MAIW ABO 147 model - MISSING textures

Sometimes I like to add extra objects to some of the military bases on my FS9 setup. One of my favourite object libraries is the MAIW_ABO.BGL file, present in many MAIW packages. Lately, I installed the "MAIW_ABO 147.MDL" file which consists of a red-checkered building. Attached is a scree...
by Janeway
26 May 2014, 12:18
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Dragons and Ducks
Replies: 79
Views: 6315

Re: Dragons and Ducks

Another two aircraft I have longed for. You are like the Father Christmas of AI aircraft modelling. We must have been such good boys and girls. Chris Yes, indeed, I am in accord with Chris...except for one minor clarification:- Father Christmas delivers his gifts only ONCE a year, on Christmas Eve....