Search found 13 matches

by tpackage
22 Feb 2020, 20:41
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW MPJAI Douglas C-118 Liftmaster Conversion Support
Replies: 2
Views: 340

Re: MAIW MPJAI Douglas C-118 Liftmaster Conversion Support

Has anyone else noticed when you click on the link for the C-118 Conversion, that the file is the C-47 file and not the C-118 ?
by tpackage
09 Dec 2017, 15:53
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mikey's BUFF
Replies: 186
Views: 15435

Re: Mikey's BUFF

I had the same issue with my Cessna Citation XLS model. After some searching, I found a tutorial on checking the static cg height. Put the sim in slew mode, and pause the sim and select the model you are having trouble with. Even though my contact points were correct, when I started the sim using th...
by tpackage
19 Mar 2017, 23:50
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Help with FSX gear animation in FSDS 3.5
Replies: 18
Views: 2236

Re: Help with FSX gear animation in FSDS 3.5

I had to try one more time, making a whole new aircraft with animated gear to figure it out. It turned out to be a number on a line in the cfg file that was messing me up. I had the animation parts put together correctly all along. Thanks for all the assistance everyone, and the patience. Back to ma...
by tpackage
06 Feb 2017, 00:53

I am leaning towards it more and more John. I worked with it before, but found FSDS easier, but that was when I was still using FS9. As far as the Y Coordinate, or axis. It was just the easy way of explaining that the " Y " axis/coordinate must be reset to default up, or you could just as ...
by tpackage
05 Feb 2017, 01:12

I agree, FSDS works great for FS9, but just seems like it's not well suited for FSX.
by tpackage
04 Feb 2017, 16:01

That's what is so frustrating, I don't have to map the model, and it works just fine in the FSDS program.... Even with it textured, it works just fine....But compile it, and install it in FSX, and I have no gear animation. As far as the dummy parts, I don't understand the need for that either, other...
by tpackage
03 Feb 2017, 16:13

I have gone over my animations in both my V35 Bonanza which is animating properly, and my Piper Apache which isn't animating properly. 1) Both have a non-animated (invisible) part labeled "c_gear.1, l_gear.1, r_gear.1 " all are copies of gear leg in the up position, which I know is probabl...
by tpackage
03 Feb 2017, 00:02

It was not anything to do with the CFG file.
by tpackage
02 Feb 2017, 00:09

I tried removing the parent part from the animated parts, and everything shifted all over the place. I admit, I did not try to see if I could re-animate them, and see if they would stay in place yet. I did get another suggestion from someone else that I should investigate the CFG file because there ...
by tpackage
01 Feb 2017, 00:02

Thank you again John for taking the time to put together your response. I'm sorry I didn't mention the animation tagging. FSDS has a dropdown menu similar to your animation list with FSX animation tags....c_gear, l_gear, and r_gear. I mentioned the prop animations, but didn't get into the gear ones ...
by tpackage
31 Jan 2017, 00:15

Thank you for your reply John. I use a dummy part, because I was having issues with the animated parts moving to unusual areas after compiling. So almost all tutorials I have read said that in FSX every part that is animated must be attached to a non moving parent part.... So like in my prop animati...
by tpackage
28 Jan 2017, 15:49

Help with FSX gear animation in FSDS 3.5

Looked through the forums of multiple sites, read lots of different tutorials. Each tutorial and forum offer different hints that help. My problem is that I am having trouble getting my landing gear to retract after compiling the model. I have made one other one with no problems, but can't find wher...
by tpackage
05 Aug 2016, 14:24
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: New AI KC-135 Paintkit?
Replies: 11
Views: 1051

Re: New AI KC-135 Paintkit?

If I may, I would like to request the paintkit in PSD form, to touch up some planes, I am converting for my change to FSX, since my computer died, and can't get FS2004 to work on the newer computers. Thanks