Search found 19 matches

by MLMC
02 May 2010, 21:48
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Emulating USAF & civilian aerial responses to oil spill
Replies: 15
Views: 844

Re: Emulating USAF & civilian aerial responses to oil spill

HA! The Gulf of Mexico was a nice dark brown color to start with. Don't know if you've ever been to Galveston, Corpus Christi, or South Padre, but the water near the shore is disgusting. I don't know about what it is like out in the sea, but there are a lot of nasty things in the shoreline water. Th...
by MLMC
10 Nov 2009, 06:37
Topic: Ore Idaho
Replies: 9
Views: 643

Re: Ore Idaho

I just saw the new West Coast AI package. Haven't downloaded it yet, as I have been on the road for quite awhile. I have been in and out of Boise about 25 times this year and noticed that there were a bunch of F-15's based there, which is unusual. They've been there for something like six months or ...
by MLMC
30 Mar 2009, 06:44
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: 120th Fighter Wing F-15?
Replies: 16
Views: 1243

Think they all have the same bullhorn/skull image on the tails? I have no clue. I have done some google searches and haven't really found much. I have no idea what the #'s might be. I just kind of thought about fiddling with the airport a bit, as it was awfully generic in the default setting, as wel...
by MLMC
28 Mar 2009, 03:12
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Great Falls KGTF
Replies: 11
Views: 937

AFCAD should be up on Avsim whenever they get around to it, unless I messed things up. I put in the F-15 parking, as well as the commercial gates and general aviation, and the cargo parking west of the main runway. I will probably do some generic flight plans in a bit, even though I have no repaint ...
by MLMC
25 Mar 2009, 02:16

Good old Wikipedia says the F-16's were moved to Vermont last year, and the 131st F-15's from St. Louis are being moved to the 120th. And sorry about the varying subject, it kind of migrated into something else. It appears that pictures of the aircraft are the main problem here. I am finishing up th...
by MLMC
25 Mar 2009, 01:52

Yes, the picture thing looks to be the hard part of all this. If I find something I will let you know. Thanks.
by MLMC
25 Mar 2009, 01:41

If I am not wrong, (which I often times can be!) I think Malmstrom is the only operating Air Force base that has no aircraft based there. Google Earth even has the runway X'd off as closed. I read something about this in the past. It is the base for ballistic missiles, I think. I might just have to ...
by MLMC
25 Mar 2009, 00:49

120th Fighter Wing F-15?

Is anybody up for preparing a repaint of the 120th Fighter Wing's F-15C's?
by MLMC
25 Mar 2009, 00:45

Well then, maybe I'll give it a go. I always like to check around to make sure nobody else is doing it. I have seen that there are some sceneries available for the airport, but I usually like to go in from scratch and use the default scenery, or enhance it myself. (customize it to my liking:0) Maybe...
by MLMC
25 Mar 2009, 00:18

Great Falls KGTF

Is anyone working on anything for KGTF Great Falls, MT? I know the 120th F-15's are based out of there..... Just wondered. I also read up on the 120th and it looks like they are supposed to have 18 F-15C's by this Summer. Quite a step up.
by MLMC
27 Jan 2009, 17:21
Topic: P-3 Orion
Replies: 25
Views: 1806

I'll take that and assume you all are about oh, thirty steps ahead of me! Not sure in which direction, but way ahead of me! I always wonder where you guys get the time?!
by MLMC
27 Jan 2009, 03:32

This is probably a stretch.... Does anybody know how, or if, you could simulate a P-3 dropping fire retardant at a waypoint? Like I said before, I know very little of FDE's, but it would be pretty cool. It's also pretty hard to get the lead planes in right in front of the fire bombers. I suppose I p...
by MLMC
26 Jan 2009, 06:23

I actually have thought about doing that. I began to set up some of the fires from a couple summers ago that were just west of Cascade, Idaho. (not that there aren't forest fires in that area every year.) I painted some of the smokejumper planes that fly out of McCall, and have them flying the circu...
by MLMC
23 Jan 2009, 00:01

Well! How about that!??!?!? Those are looking good. It seems to be a common theme around here that two people are working on the same thing simultaneously without either knowing about it! Thanks for the heads up. Just curious, are you doing flightplans of these aircraft ferrying back and forth betwe...
by MLMC
22 Jan 2009, 20:39

I was wondering about a paintkit as well? I am still interested in painting the whole Aero Union Fire Tanker fleet. Any info is appreciated!
by MLMC
31 Jan 2008, 07:54
Topic: Proposed Future Projects
Replies: 8
Views: 956

Well, I don't know how much it has to do with MAIW, but I have been trying to work on a Forest Fire AI project, which includes military aircraft, both former and current. (Mostly C130s) I thought about doing a Greybull, Wyoming project for Hawkins and Powers, but it seems that they aren't used as mu...
by MLMC
23 Jan 2008, 06:06
Topic: P-3 Aero Union
Replies: 3
Views: 387

Looks like my question was pleasantly answered! Saw the Aero Union repaint on your site today. Looking forward to getting this in my AI world. I guess there are a few months more before fire season kicks in again in the mountain west-hopefully the same goes for California, too!
by MLMC
25 Nov 2007, 21:44

Perhaps this would be a chance to request an Aero Union repaint of the P-3 from someone who is more of an expert than I am.... Hint... Hint.... :lol:
by MLMC
25 Nov 2007, 21:06

P-3 Aero Union

Any chance that there will be a paintkit for the AI P-3 that seems to be in the works? I would love to have the Aero Union Fire Bombers for AI. This would be an excellent addition to my FS!