Search found 586 matches

by TimC340
20 Jun 2021, 11:39
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: MAIW outside P3Dv4+ main folder
Replies: 8
Views: 217

Re: MAIW outside P3Dv4+ main folder

Yes, that's actually a lot simpler way of doing it!
by TimC340
20 Jun 2021, 11:31
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: LIRM Grazzanise
Replies: 20
Views: 496

Re: LIRM Grazzanise

Not yet, Steve. I decided to concentrate on P3Dv5 and see if they appeared as I added sceneries. It hasn't happened yet! I'll let you know if I discover them - I hope I do, as they're actually the right HASs for the location, just in the wrong place. Another clue is that the stock airfield doesn't h...
by TimC340
19 Jun 2021, 19:35

No problem, Pete. I'm working on a slightly more detailed LIRM using MAIW libraries and with a photoreal background. I'll throw it in the mix if people want it. Should be able to show pics in a day or two. The scenery causing the traffic issue was a stray copy of JS's Sigonella - which has an FS9 tr...
by TimC340
19 Jun 2021, 10:18

I should add that this isn't an entirely smooth process. Lockheed Martin have updated a great many ICAO airfield identifiers from their previous 1990s-era Microsoft values, so some airfields may not display correctly and some flightplans may not work. Both of these issues can be addressed as they ar...
by TimC340
19 Jun 2021, 10:06

Hi captain Jon, Thank you so much for replying. My strategy would then be: see what folders and files Matrix will create and 'copy'' that for Prepar3D v5... if that would work... with my topic I also implied the question for Prepar3D v5., hence the title 'MAIW outside P3Dv4+ main folder'. + Anyhow ...
by TimC340
19 Jun 2021, 10:01

Thanks Giorgio. I haven't found the offending scenery yet, but I'm gradually populating P3Dv5 with the same scenery so I should find out which one is the offender during that process. I've already discovered that one of the Italian sceneries I'm using is the reason traffic is suppressed. I haven't p...
by TimC340
19 Jun 2021, 09:49

To take advantage of the xml-based system for adding or managing scenery other than Matrix, I strongly recommend Lorby’s Prepar3D Addon Organizer - it works for V3, v4 and v5.

https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html
by TimC340
19 Jun 2021, 09:42
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: C-17 Globemaster: What does this sound mean?
Replies: 2
Views: 75

Re: C-17 Globemaster: What does this sound mean?

Sounds to me like he’s doing a test of the fire detectors for the APU, then starting the APU.
by TimC340
18 Jun 2021, 07:48

The HH-101 package recently released has LIRM_ADE9_BMK.bgl which has a bunch of HAS I believe. Might be what's causing the prob? Jim I'm P3D Jim, not FS9 - which Giorgio's scenery is. That's the reason I'm making a P3D version of LIRM. I think Steve's right; I've probably installed something somewh...
by TimC340
17 Jun 2021, 20:32

Have just had a look at the above mentioned file and the object has no location data attached. There may be some other library that has been made up using that particular model or one very similar. Have you searched for any other copies of that file in alternate locations ? Pete I haven't yet, Pete...
by TimC340
17 Jun 2021, 16:20

Thanks Steve. No, I don't have the xml for everything. I suspect the location data is in one of the Italian libraries or perhaps as an add-on to one of the Italian aircraft that I've incorporated at some point or other. It's odd that the shelters are located correctly for the stock airport, but ther...
by TimC340
17 Jun 2021, 13:13

I've narrowed the HAS down to Object 13 in MAIW_aircraft_shelter_library.bgl within (MATRIX)/MAIW_GLOBAL/MAIW_GLOBAL_OBJECTS_GENERIC, but which file is holding the geolocation data is a mystery. Turning that bgl off in that folder removes the offenders, but will remove any other instances of that ob...
by TimC340
17 Jun 2021, 09:26
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: What sounds better than a Rolls Royce Merlin?
Views: 302

Re: What sounds better than a Rolls Royce Merlin?

The only thing better than a single Merlin is watching 8 of then in formation in the form of the 2 Lancasters a couple of years ago. I do also rather like the sound of 4 Olympus giving that howl from the back of a Vulcan. If I remember rightly, if you were in the right place (East Kirby), you could...
by TimC340
16 Jun 2021, 16:39

No, not as such Pete, but I have a feeling these HASs are in some MAIW library or other (I don't have much MAIW on P3Dv5.2, which is why I've narrowed it down to MAIW). I've managed to get rid of them, but that was with a bulk edit. I'm now restoring libraries one by one till I find which one holds ...
by TimC340
16 Jun 2021, 13:22

LIRM Grazzanise

After a long period where other responsibilities took precedence, I now have a bit of time free to play with some scenery and I thought I'd have a go at LIRM for P3D. Having created the basic layout in ADE, and checking it in-sim, I see that some HASs are showing in position for the stock airport (w...
by TimC340
15 Jun 2021, 14:05
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: MSFS installers insights.
Replies: 17
Views: 215

Re: MSFS installers insights.

I think it's important to remember that MSFS, more than FSX and obviously more than P3D, is a game first and foremost. A spectacularly good-looking game, but a game nonetheless. Like some of the features of FS2004 - CoF, MSFS is intended to appeal to people who have experienced games like Grand Thef...
by TimC340
15 Jun 2021, 13:43
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: What sounds better than a Rolls Royce Merlin?
Views: 302

Re: What sounds better than a Rolls Royce Merlin?

I'll put in a bid for four T56s, or four Trents!

That Mustang display is unusually tame. He seems to be working to very low G limits and roll rates. Yes, I know it's an old aeroplane, but I watched many more aggressive displays.
by TimC340
14 Jun 2021, 09:55
Topic: MSFS installers insights.
Replies: 17
Views: 215

Re: MSFS installers insights.

Sounds like the system you've used to purchase the sim has slightly bypassed the normal process, which would have prompted you to get an XBox gaming account either prior to ordering (via the MS Store) or in the installation process if using Steam. I don't think the spec of the GPU will interrupt the...
by TimC340
14 Jun 2021, 08:21
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 267
Views: 24842

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

Huge improvements in reflections (no, it's not raytracing, apparently), and is that a hint that Africa may be the next regional improvement package?

Also the tie-up with Top Gun 2 is going to bring some interesting gameplay. Love the SR-72!
by TimC340
13 Jun 2021, 17:48
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?
Replies: 39
Views: 3176

Re: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?

I didn't try and get them exactly the same time and date, but they were pretty close John (about midday on 20 June 2020). What I realised I didn't do was get the same visibility and wind conditions, which makes a significant difference to the feel of the scene. P3Dv5 was running with TrueSky, which ...