Search found 230 matches

by TimC340
Yesterday, 12:50
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: MCAS Iwankuni SCENERY ISSUE
Replies: 11
Views: 696

Re: MCAS Iwankuni SCENERY ISSUE

Matt, everything you need should be in the MAIW Scenery Library package. If it's not there, try adding the Atsugi and Beaufort obj packages (which I thought were in the MAIW package anyway). I don't think I added anything else to my P3Dv4 version (pics above).
by TimC340
02 Apr 2020, 18:06
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Has anybody done ...
Replies: 6
Views: 243

Re: Has anybody done ...

Gents, I am guessing that the answer is no but you guys have surprised me many times before so i will ask the question. Has anybody done any scenery, or even just an afcad for Hashimara AFS (VEHX)? Nothing is permanently based their yet, but soon will be, however the reason i am interested is that ...
by TimC340
27 Mar 2020, 16:43
Topic: RAF Brüggen: Help needed with ADE Frequencies
Replies: 19
Views: 461

Re: RAF Brüggen: Help needed with ADE Frequencies

Interesting! I hadn't heard that (ADE certainly thinks FS9 is the same as FSX/P3D), but it would be good to have that confirmed for those still working on FS9 scenery.
by TimC340
27 Mar 2020, 12:19

The FS9 range is the same as FSX and P3d - 118.0 to 136.975MHz in 25Khz steps. That's the civilian 760-channel spectrum that was in use up to around 2010, when the 8.33KHz spacing came in allowing 2280 channels. The only break in that should be 121.4 to 121.6, to protect the emergency frequency of 1...
by TimC340
27 Mar 2020, 04:22
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 86
Views: 5223

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

Episode 7: Multiplayer. Not sure this has anything for us, but some info about real-world traffic, and AI injection.

by TimC340
27 Mar 2020, 04:06

Steve, the limitation you refer to is the one I mentioned above. MSFS/P3D uses the old-fashioned 25KHz spacing. In real life, we’ve been using 8.33KHz spacing for many years. So the sims are missing two thirds of the available freqs.
by TimC340
26 Mar 2020, 14:56

It depends what you're trying to achieve, really. For an experience more or less like reality, at a European fast-jet base you should have Ground, Tower, and Approach (there may be a joint Approach radar with other units nearby - FS/P3D does allow for that). FS's ATC system is firmly USA oriented, s...
by TimC340
26 Mar 2020, 10:11

To add to the above, and to what Jim posted earlier, here's the Bruggen entry in the RAF Northern Europe En Route Supplement of 25 March 1999:
by TimC340
26 Mar 2020, 09:56

That's so helpful, never pondered on that! Thank you very much. So does it help if I change the appropriate frequencies a little, for example + 0,5? If you're using ADE to allocate frequencies, it'll generally avoid freqs that are used by other airfields within a reasonable distance. If you're doin...
by TimC340
25 Mar 2020, 16:33

As Menno says, the default frequencies for military aircraft are UHF, not VHF. 122.1 is a NATO standard backup frequency, and is monitored by all military airfields. Hence, in FS/P3D, it's rammed with interrupting calls from airfields up to 200 miles away. Avoid 122.1 in your airports! You can't be ...
by TimC340
24 Mar 2020, 19:10

This video gives some idea of the realtime raytracing available under the DX12 Ultimate API, which I imagine FS20 will exploit. The dynamic lighting, reflections etc are quite stunning. The music, however, may not be to your taste (but I quite liked it!).

by TimC340
23 Mar 2020, 18:38
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....
Replies: 72
Views: 4892

Re: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....

Manfred that looks great. I've been following your progress with this over at FSD as well. Any chance you could put together a 'how to' for the ground reflections?
by TimC340
21 Mar 2020, 08:10

On top of what Greg says, if you remain in a particular area, the detail will improve as the app captures data, no matter how slow your connection. MS have stated that a 10mb connection should be good enough for full detail. I have my doubts about that, but it should be within the capabilities of an...
by TimC340
19 Mar 2020, 09:24

I modified (well, pretty much rebuilt) the MAIW Iwakuni to fit P3D's default photoreal background ayear or so ago. I still need to sort out John's harbour to make it fit! Not that I normally visit Japan in-game, but it was a fun exercise. https://i.imgur.com/hLqP3JH.png?1 https://i.imgur.com/q3678od...
by TimC340
16 Mar 2020, 18:18

Ok. I'm nothing to do with this scenery package, but the default Iwakuni is the old airfield before the land reclamation was done and the new runway was built a few hundred metres further east on land which was previously sea - that's why you've moved. Whether there's something missing in this itera...
by TimC340
15 Mar 2020, 16:05
Topic: Coronavirus/Covid-19 How are you doing?
Replies: 22
Views: 831

Re: Coronavirus/Covid-19 How are you doing?

Indian society isn't as organised or compliant as China's, its medical system (along with most other systems) is fairly shambolic (with a few notable exceptions), and it already has to cope with a host of diseases and medical issues that kill far more people than C19 will in most countries. I suspec...
by TimC340
13 Mar 2020, 16:39

John, I think it's more an acceptance that the virus is in the population now, and that can't be reversed. It puts a relatively positive spin on it to hope that the immunity that will inevitably develop in those who contract and recover from the disease will allow much of society to function at a ba...
by TimC340
13 Mar 2020, 12:23

This might help, Steve. I think it's a fair bet that VR will be a part of FS20, if not at launch then shortly afterwards. It's been a feature of P3D for a while, though I believe it's not that great. I have an Oculus Rift headset that I use for Elite Dangerous. In that game, the immersion is fantas...
by TimC340
13 Mar 2020, 12:16

Having been to several countries in the period that C19 has been around, I'm probably at significant risk of contracting the disease. I'm coincidentally off work for the next two weeks, so I'll be spending my time riding my bike, playing my guitar, making some scenery and doing my garden. And wonder...
by TimC340
13 Mar 2020, 12:11
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Windows 10 Mail app image compression
Replies: 9
Views: 280

Re: Windows 10 Mail app image compression

762dpi? Blimey! I'm surprised you need that resolution. However, the default Win10 mail client isn't particularly great, particularly if you want to access archived mail. I have to use it for work, otherwise I'd ditch it. For most stuff, I use the Gmail online client on my Windows computers, which i...