Search found 1004 matches

by TimC340
Today, 12:59
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 355
Views: 31063

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

For anyone that would like to add to the pressure on Asobo to deal with AI, this is the place to do it: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/improve-ai-traffic-at-airports-and-in-the-air/307490 FSLTL seems to have cracked the process of injecting AI in a variety of liveries, but even they are report...
by TimC340
Today, 09:12

Poor FPS has been notable in a lot of games recently, and according to Obsidian Ant , some of it, at least, is down to lack of shader cacheing (sp?). Given the long development time of games and the rapid improvement in hardware, it’s somewhat gobsmacking that publishers still set out on developing ...
by TimC340
04 Dec 2022, 12:48

Asobo, breaking the AI in SU11 is a huge disappointment, but I am resigned to the need to see what will happen by way of a fix or further development. Both Pete and I have invested so much time in trying to make AI work in MSFS, I am reluctant to see that effort wasted. That said, I will need a boo...
by TimC340
01 Dec 2022, 11:33

I've just responded to this in John's Selfridge ANGB thread, but I'm afraid I've totally given up with MSFS until Asobo do something about AI. For those who like to fly aircraft, there are better simulations available in FSX/P3D. After 45 years of doing it for a living, I'm not that interested in re...
by TimC340
01 Dec 2022, 11:24
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Selfridge ANG Base - MSFS
Replies: 41
Views: 1889

Re: Selfridge ANG Base - MSFS

I'm less sanguine about it. I agree that they could have left it as was and it would be infinitely better than what we have; the AI that exists in-game uses a small palette of childish liveries, uses aircraft models that are only loosely based on reality, and generally fails to do what it's advertis...
by TimC340
28 Nov 2022, 15:21
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: FSX - RAAF Gingin (YGIG)
Replies: 15
Views: 853

Re: FSX - RAAF Gingin (YGIG)

Parking is allocated on touchdown. Taxy routing is allocated on passing the first Hold node after leaving the runway. So if the traffic is disappearing on the runway, it's because no appropriate parking is available. That may be because it's all pre-allocated to types/units/airlines other than that ...
by TimC340
21 Nov 2022, 21:27

SU11 may have broken lots of stuff (as is common with Asobo updates), but this is cool!

YouTube
by TimC340
17 Nov 2022, 06:20
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Possible to transfer P3D aircraft and flightplans to MSFS?
Replies: 10
Views: 330

Re: Possible to transfer P3D aircraft and flightplans to MSFS?

The repositories for expertise on all things MSFS are FSDeveloper and the official MSFS forums, and for AI in MSFS there’s a good deal of info over at Alpha India Group. As Steve says, JY will no doubt be able to give a precis, but he has covered the topic several times here so it’s worth having a l...
by TimC340
17 Nov 2022, 06:08
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: P3Dv4.5 crash on startup
Replies: 8
Views: 223

Re: P3Dv4.5 crash on startup

A search reveals many people have had this problem, and there are many possible fixes. It would appear to be an incompatibility between certain addons and your specific Windows installation. P3Dv5.1 is the most-reported victim. I would think you’re going to struggle to find new answers for a Windows...
by TimC340
12 Nov 2022, 11:53
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Boeing-Saab T-7A Red Hawk
Replies: 6
Views: 335

Re: Boeing-Saab T-7A Red Hawk

That's a pretty aeroplane. Look forward to seeing it in-sim, if we can get new downloads added!
by TimC340
10 Nov 2022, 12:49
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Thoughts on FSLTL?
Replies: 7
Views: 220

Re: Thoughts on FSLTL?

Almost all MSFS users are there to fly a simulated aeroplane and enjoy the view - which can be spectacular. Very few are there simply to observe a simulated moving world, which (at least for me) is the appeal of the FSX/P3D products. Until Asobo takes the AI issue seriously, I will not be spending m...
by TimC340
08 Nov 2022, 21:52
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Tim's Trials...
Replies: 26
Views: 1485

Re: Tim's Trials...

Not finished, but I put it into P3Dv5 to see what it looks like. Accompanied by some Ted Andrews' work, and a few of John's aircraft plus the JBS VC10, HTAI C-130 and some flyable models that I converted (Hastings, Britannia, Andover). Spot the KC-135 in modern colours that snuck in while I wasn't l...
by TimC340
08 Nov 2022, 09:13

Thanks John. It does help having a decent (albeit free) rendering app to produce the screenshot. It would never look this good in FSX/P3D. It might in MSFS, but the process of putting SketchUp models into that sim is far from simple.
by TimC340
07 Nov 2022, 22:59

Had a play with this today. It's the Air Terminal at Brize as it was in the 1970s (as best as I can remember!). I'm not sure it will go anywhere, as we already have a very good Brize Norton, albeit in modern form. The UK2000 EGVN isn't bad for the roughly 2010 era, but the '70s to '90s, which seems ...
by TimC340
06 Nov 2022, 13:12
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: RAF Tristar FSX
Replies: 4
Views: 155

Re: RAF Tristar FSX

There are two AI RAF L1011 Tristars in circulation that I'm aware of - the UKMil/DWAI version and the CDAI version. There is a white livery in the UKMil pack (but only one), but I've never seen one for the CDAI model.
by TimC340
28 Oct 2022, 13:45

I use those two programs in P3D. I wasn't aware the author had rewritten them for MSFS.
by TimC340
21 Oct 2022, 19:40
Topic: RAF Finningley
Replies: 32
Views: 777

Re: RAF Finningley

OK. That's in Ted Andrews' model, and I doubt there's much I can do about it. I could raise it up a bit, but that only stops the flickering when you're viewing very close up. I'll have a look though.
by TimC340
21 Oct 2022, 12:32

That's odd! The last amendments were 14 October, and all four EGXIv3 files should be that date. I've attached the scenery file so you can update it.
by TimC340
21 Oct 2022, 12:20
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: Old retro flight plans
Replies: 16
Views: 786

Re: Old retro flight plans

There was one for the FMAI 13 Sqn GR4s based at Marham, but I doubt there are any for the brief period 13 was at Honington with GR1s. You might be best off modifying the 237OCU Buccaneer traffic files to call the JYAI GR1s.
by TimC340
21 Oct 2022, 11:53

As this has kind of come up before, I suspect some people have another Finningley installed, and it's most likely John Young's as included in his original JP package. That was originally an FS9 scenery, and elements of it may not display properly in FSX. If you have both mine and John's installed, y...