Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Post by Firebird »

I haven't spoken to Greg since the first of the upgrade work but I definitely saw some changes on the web page after last weekend.
One of the changes being that there is a download link now on the header. It doesn't actually go the Hangar yet, just a holding page, but it shows that everything is moving in the right direction.

Greg is only able to spend time on this at weekends so my guess would be that Greg is hoping to do more work on it this weekend, real life permitting.

As well as putting the mechanism in place he is trying to make it as simple as possible to maintain for future upgrades.

If he is able to spend time this weekend I think that he would like to hope that this should complete the work.
One thing I know that he said the other week is that apart from setting the link up another big step was having to build the library index. He did say that he modified files so that more information and functionality was available to users. You modify any of the structure you need to build the index.
This became one of the issues for the overhaul of the site.

In an ideal world the linkage is already complete and it is index rebuild which is outstanding. He did say at the time that he thought that it might have to be a manual build and with the number of files that we have that could take some time.
Martin and myself are available to help with this if needed and if indeed the work can be split up.

That is all the info I have at this time.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Thanks for the update Steve. I guess we'll expect it when we see it!
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

For those interested, I've completed a Scope/Overview spreadsheet of the entire project. It's in the Documentation folder of my FTP. At the moment, it includes up to 41 airfields of which 31 have been started - and mostly completed, or very close.

I've organised the airfields into 5 geographic groups. The first, and primary, group includes SBAN, SBBR, SBGL, SBAF, SBGP, SWNS and SNMH (the last two are local airfields used to absorb some traffic from SBAN).

John is taking on all of the helicopter AFCADs and traffic files, apart from the SBES/Navy Lynx ones already completed.

Once SBAN is complete, and we are happy with the traffic in this region, I'll release it alongside John's KC-390 and E/C/R-99s and Ray, Jon and Mark's paints - subject to the Hangar being available. The helicopter stuff will release when John's ready, and I'll move on to the next regional group in turn and release them when they're complete. No timescale is implied or promised (and of course the Hangar may be the deciding factor) but I'd hope that the first group will be ready to go fairly soon.

Tomorrow I'll reorganise my FTP to reflect the groups, and redo the Progress document to fit the new structure.

And breathe....!
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

ok time for an update from me.

Brazilian Air force,H-36,VH-36 and H-60L are done.

Navy,UH-15 are done

Army, HM-3,HM-4 are done.

which only leaves the navy and army Blackhawks to do which i hope to finish this weekend and I will drop them into your FTP folders.
you can delete all previous Helo's i sent you as these have now been updated.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Tim, that is some spreadsheet! I was quite daunted too before seeing that, but now everything is laid out, I can see why you reacted as you did. It's a great help though and by breaking the project down into manageable chunks, it gives a lot of coherence to the project and a structure to manage.

Thanks Ray for the helicopter paints, they are timely and very welcome. I have nearly all the helicopter AFCAD overlays that we need, set up in P3D and working well with test traffic files. The overlays should work fine in FSX too and I will set them up where I have Tim's FSX versions of the scenery. I can now add in the additional paints and make the operational flight plans. For the Group 1 release, we only need the Brasilia VH-36s and they are done.

John
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Thanks Ray.

Question: with the A-29s, did you consider doing the Smoke Squadron ones? They’d be a nice addition to SBYS and a contrast to all the red and white! But no worries if you have other priorities. As with any of the aerobatic teams it’s difficult to write any kind of convincing traffic file for them, but it’s nice to have some flamboyance!

Right, more writing to do…
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I thought the same thing too Ray, when I placed the prototype A-29 on the pole at the Embraer airfield. It's in the Smoke Squadron scheme and I have the .psp art work if it might be useful. It maps to my own static model that I created, but you can probably use the main elements. If you want to take this on, let me know if would like the file.

I could do some Black Hawk painting if you need to ease the load.

John
Jobza Guddun
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Jobza Guddun »

As a 9-er none of this benefits me, but it's great to see artisans coming together on a project like this! Really nice work guys!
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

Jobza, you really have to get P3D to see all this - and other good stuff. I used to believe that FSX was as good as it could possibly get, but P3D is way way ahead of FSX.

If you do take the jump, my personal recommendation would be P3D v. 5 at this time.

Jorgen
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

The Changes & Progress document has been updated to reflect the change of structure, as has my FTP folder. That's enough for today. Time for a beer!
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

John,Tim

I did consider doing the Smoke Squadron textures but can't find the correct font for the numbers ! so put them on the back burner.

John, I only have Army and Navy black hawks to do which I'm starting now and will send you all the helo's later tomorrow.

John, I did put the VH-36's in your FTP.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Understood Ray. No worries - I’m extremely grateful for what you’ve already done!
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

For those who may not have noticed, the Hangar is back. We can download, but we can't yet upload. John and I are busy refining various aspects of the airfields, but I'm hopeful that Part 1 (Central) will be ready to upload fairly soon. This will include my SBAN, John's SBGP, the modified stock SBBR and a few other airfields in this area. The package will also include the traffic files, and John's KC-390 and C/E/T-99s, plus Henry's C-208/208Bs as we have permission to distribute these. The documentation will include links to the needed, existing AI aircraft which we can't include. Jon had already uploaded his relevant paints to the Hangar before it was taken down. I'll include Mark's F-39s as they aren't accessible anywhere else. Ray, do you want me to include your paints or would you rather they were accessed separately, either via the Hangar or your site?
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

Hi Tim, please include my repaints with all the relevant packages or package.

all the helo's are now done I can zip them and send them to you and John later, please remove (delete) any previous helo's you have.
I would like to thank John Young for NEW blackhawk models including the H-60L, and the SH-16 (new Seahawk).

air force:

H-60L
H-36
VH-36

Army:

HM-2
HM-3
HM-4

Navy:

SH-16
UH-15

I enjoyed working on this, whats next ?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Brilliant job Ray and many thanks. We have 7 P3D airfields fitted out with AFCAD overlays for the helicopters and they are working fine with test flight plans. I just need to update the helicopters with your paints and make the operational flight plans. There is a bit of work to do on the FSX overlays, but I should have those done in the next few days.

John
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Knocked it out of the park again, Ray! Thank you so much.

John's found the secret error in my technique of reformatting my P3D airfields for FSX so I've got a bit of remedial work to do. I hope that I can use the remaining downtime of the Hangar upload system to fill in a few details in some of the airfields - and fix the problems that John has found!

I was going to say that after this is over I never want to see anything Brazilian again, but then again...
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Only a slight bias towards the H-60s, but they look great along with the rest of the WIP pics.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris