Search found 106 matches

by BLACKCAT
21 May 2010, 20:02
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: NAS Lemoore V2 package by MAIW
Replies: 42
Views: 4066

Re: MAIW NAS Lemoore V2 package by MAIW

Just an observation on this topic. Perhaps a slight exageration but I have found the contents of the ABO file different every time it has come with a scenery package. Invariably, the newer one has bgls or textures missing from its predecessor. I cross-check the new one with the old one to see if the...
by BLACKCAT
26 Apr 2010, 12:14
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: RUSSIAN SWIFTS
Replies: 68
Views: 3298

Re: RUSSIAN SWIFTS

If its the one I think it is, then 5 minutes later it called a fuel emergency and had to divert - to Swinderby (now there's a story) if it's English and Electric.
by BLACKCAT
13 Apr 2010, 14:01
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Question about New Zealand
Replies: 9
Views: 623

Re: Question about New Zealand

No political slant intended at all. Decision to scrap the RNzAF's 'combat' capability was driven by through by a female Prime Minister of left-wing (and that's political dogma, not the ability to fly straight and level) leanings.
by BLACKCAT
22 Oct 2009, 10:40
Topic: CIS (SKJ) An-26
Replies: 8
Views: 604

Re: CIS (SKJ) An-26

masped - thanks, that's the one. All the paints for it did make specific reference to the An-26 model.
by BLACKCAT
19 Oct 2009, 17:46

Re: CIS (SKJ) An-26

Thanks. I've looked on all those and cannot locate the basepack. As I said, directions would be appreciated.
by BLACKCAT
19 Oct 2009, 12:10

CIS (SKJ) An-26

I've 'googled' but can't find the CIS (SKJ) An-26 basepack. Could someone point me in the right direction or, if they have it, kindly email it to me at blackcat276@hotmail.com

Thanks
by BLACKCAT
26 Sep 2009, 22:23
Topic: AI B-52s?
Replies: 15
Views: 1267

Many moons ago I recall one of the talented MAIW modellers was working on a B-52 - did the production line grind to a halt?
by BLACKCAT
09 Sep 2009, 11:07
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Another tech problem: ntdll.dll
Views: 580

I have had the ntdll problem on numerous occasions but it seems, in my experience, to be geographically and PC operating system specific. I have only occasionally had it on my PC running XP but frequently on my laptop running Vista. An example: Brize Norton. Start at the 08 threshold and slew down t...
by BLACKCAT
06 Sep 2009, 19:06
Topic: Putting FS on another drive
Replies: 6
Views: 553

Thanks, I'll give that a go.
by BLACKCAT
06 Sep 2009, 11:22
Topic: Putting FS on another drive
Views: 553

Putting FS on another drive

I want to load FS9 onto my other hard drive (to run it as pure AI set in 1981) ie 2 copies on one machine - each on a separate drive, but when I put Disc1 in and hit 'setup' all it does is to start running my existing installation.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks
by BLACKCAT
29 Jul 2009, 09:33
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: MAIW anni airshow
Replies: 24
Views: 1141

Lewis, those paints of the 'Reds' Hawks are superb; where are they available?
by BLACKCAT
18 Jul 2009, 11:52
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: EE lightning?
Replies: 35
Views: 1825

It would be a challenge for the flight dynamics guru to recreate a vertical climb off the runway!
by BLACKCAT
27 May 2009, 09:56
Topic: Army Air Corps WAH-64 Apaches by MAIW
Replies: 44
Views: 6186

I installed the package last night. Whilst the [Middle Wallop] buildings are sitting at ground level, as are the aircraft, the hardstandings are about 50`up in the air tho` fully visible in the vertical view. What do I have to alter to get the airfield and aprons to coincide. Thanks; excellent work ...
by BLACKCAT
27 May 2009, 09:47
Topic: Where are the Red Arrows?
Replies: 16
Views: 1166

I`ve been out of the RAF for quite some time now but Scampton was always opening and closing on a regular basis in the 80`s and 90`s.
by BLACKCAT
18 Feb 2009, 11:17
Topic: Langley AFB package by MAIW
Replies: 66
Views: 7031

Could I ask why the need to remove all before? Are there any updated models or FDEs?

Disregard all after.........didn't read the packet. Doh!
by BLACKCAT
20 Dec 2008, 13:29
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AI landing distance
Replies: 15
Views: 975

In the aircraft config file, reduction of the 'spoiler_limit=x' value will increase the roll-out distance above 100kts (this will work irrespective of whether the aircraft model has/displays spoilers, I believe). Another parameter is the 'min_throttle_limit=-0.xxxx' which has some affect in the spee...
by BLACKCAT
30 Nov 2008, 10:47
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Wright-Patt heavies return
Replies: 4
Views: 618

Have I missed something - but the only PSULs C-5 model I have seen is the 'limo' so have the other model variants been released? If so, could you point me in the right direction. Thanks.
by BLACKCAT
10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Frankfurt Rheinmain
Replies: 1
Views: 315

Frankfurt Rheinmain

I'm probably way behind the drag curve on this one but since the USAF stopped staging through Frankfurt, where do the 'heavies' go now - Ramstein or don't they bother stopping now in Europe en route mid east to the States?
by BLACKCAT
10 May 2008, 22:31
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Disappearing Traffic at BAe Warton
Views: 478

Nope, don't think so because as I've said, when the flights launch from RW23 they behave perfectly normally and arrive at destination. I can only think that there must be some interaction with an AI area boundary or something; what is curious is the deletion of the flightplan coincident with the air...
by BLACKCAT
10 May 2008, 16:37
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Disappearing Traffic at BAe Warton
Views: 478

OK - I've tried VFR, IFR, high level, low level, removing the TNG element at IOM, tried a direct leg to IOM, allocated a different aircraft, and every time the same thing happens - the aircraft disappears. Now when I say disappears this is what happens: (using Typhoon) the aircraft starts its turn t...