Search found 235 matches

by msm8378
07 Nov 2010, 23:30
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Fort Campbell (KHOP) Scenery
Replies: 56
Views: 3534

Re: Fort Campbell (KHOP) Scenery

Per a member request here is a screenshot reflecting what has been done so far since restarting project in Sbuilder/ADE9x

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5255/khop110710.jpg

Will post more links and or direct image posts after cutting down the sizes to 1024 or less...

:?

Mat
by msm8378
07 Nov 2010, 15:15

Callout for Test Team Members

Hello one and all here at MAIW... :smt006 The KHOP Project is moving along very nicely. With Sbuilder and ADE9X grinding along smoothly, this project is slowly coming together. I am now seeking anyone who wants to follow along from the inside of this project as an Alpha/Beta Test Team Member. Requir...
by msm8378
26 Sep 2010, 13:18

Major Project Update as follows... 1) I am now back to work "full steam ahead" on this project..."Real Life" has finally settled down and given me the time. 2) After forcing myself to delve into every "nook and cranny" researching the different scenery design programs a...
by msm8378
18 Sep 2010, 12:15
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Background Images for Sbuilder and ADE9X
Replies: 3
Views: 532

Re: Background Images for Sbuilder and ADE9X

Please let me know if this tutorial helps and if you find any shortcuts to my system let me know. I have tried valiantly to keep it as simple as possible. The problem is that Sbuilder uses d/m/s coordinates only and ADE9X uses only the other two decimal forms of coordinates. Also ADE9X only calibrat...
by msm8378
18 Sep 2010, 00:18
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Background Images for Sbuilder and ADE9X
Replies: 3
Views: 532

Background Images for Sbuilder and ADE9X

BACKGROUND IMAGES for FS9 SCENERY DESIGN I should have called this thread 'Background Images for Dummies' because of the amount of time I have spent trying to figure all of this out...but, hey what is retirement for other than enjoying a hobby. I am sure there are other ways to do this, but I have n...
by msm8378
18 Aug 2010, 15:59
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: New Flight Simulator?
Replies: 4
Views: 315

Re: New Flight Simulator?

According to a friend on the "inside" it is going to be similar to the XBOX format of gaming programs...therefor no such luck in continuing the traditions of MSFS...

Mat
by msm8378
18 Aug 2010, 15:55
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Which C5 shoud I get?
Replies: 5
Views: 208

Re: Which C5 shoud I get?

If you are referencing the C-5 Galaxy.... Save your money and get the freeware model by Mike Stone. It flies great, is free, and numerous paints are available. I bought the Alphasim version but did not care for the way that it handles or renders visually on my machine(s). However, the Alphasim panel...
by msm8378
13 Jul 2010, 18:13
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Why do I have a WINNT folder when I am running Windows XP??
Replies: 23
Views: 882

Re: Why do I have a WINNT folder when I am running Windows XP??

It is my understanding that the WINNT folder in XP installations is a remnant from when MS dropped the continued development track from NT 4.0 to NT 5.0x and concentrated on XP using the pre-release NT 5.0x framework as a foundation for XP and beyond. At least that was the rational that was discusse...
by msm8378
14 Jun 2010, 17:48
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: US Army Tactical callsigns?
Replies: 11
Views: 464

Re: US Army Tactical callsigns?

During my time in the US Army during the 1980's and early 90's callsigns for ground and R/W units were designated by a divisional communications SOP which changed almost daily. Typical callsigns of that time were "Charlie 52", "Alpha 44", etc. With today's advanced commo security...
by msm8378
10 Jun 2010, 13:15

Update

Hello everyone... I just wanted to take a few moments to let everyone know that I am still working on this scenery package, although the last few months time has been at a premium due to "real life" demands. It was my intent, when I started this project, to get it started and work on it no...
by msm8378
10 Feb 2010, 06:09
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Southeast ANG package by MAIW
Replies: 26
Views: 3103

Re: Southeast ANG package by MAIW

Hey all... While re-installing/re-organizing this package I noticed that there are 8 C-130H assigned to KSTJ, but no new AFCAD for parking. The MSFS Default only has 1 MIL_CARGO spot. I no longer have a copy of DB's original package, if one was in that and will work can someone please post it. Of co...
by msm8378
29 Oct 2009, 15:58

Victory... I am finding that scenery design has a somewhat steep learning curve and tons of trial and error....I envy the work of John Stinstrom. He is the "Master" in this field, so I am striving to match his quality... So far I think I am holding my own, but should have chosen a "mu...
by msm8378
29 Oct 2009, 13:39

http://www.imghost.org/Img108_KHOP_FUEL ... OP_FUEL1.j

O.K....one good screenie, then I am back to work.... This is the fuel tanks in the SW part of the field...Air Assault missions use a lot of helicopters which means a lot of fuel....

msm
by msm8378
29 Oct 2009, 13:03

http://www.imghost.org/Img107_KHOP_DEF_Img107_KHOP_DEF.jpg Above is an image of the FS9 default scenery for KHOP... http://www.imghost.org/Img106_KHOP_MSM_Img106_KHOP_MSM.jpg Above is an image of the new KHOP for FS9. There is still a lot of detailing to be done. I temporarily had to stop work on t...
by msm8378
14 Oct 2009, 15:39
Topic: Shameless Request
Replies: 33
Views: 1581

Re: Shameless Request

Good to go.... :)
by msm8378
11 Oct 2009, 14:29
Topic: Repeat Files
Replies: 2
Views: 216

Re: Repeat Files

Thanks for the answer... 8)
by msm8378
11 Oct 2009, 04:17
Topic: Repeat Files
Replies: 2
Views: 216

Repeat Files

Quick question... Many of the packages have object libraries included in each one...i.e, jgse.bgl, ggse.bgl, maiw objects.... In reviewing my scenery files, I am finding multiple copies of many of these stashed across the directory. Will it cause adverse effects if I were to try consolidating these ...
by msm8378
11 Oct 2009, 03:47

Mike... Yes, your words of wisdom are "tried and true" indeed... Please feel free to PM me with a large helping of "crow" if you please...."thick crust" would be nice!!! However, in my own defense and since I am retired, hence...I had the choice not to..., my brief step...
by msm8378
04 Oct 2009, 15:56

Hello everyone... I want to apologize for being out of the loop since June. Real life has come front and center at the moment. I have finally gained some breathing room, so I can continue to pull this scenery together. For those who offered to assist with beta testing please send me an email to mmil...
by msm8378
03 Aug 2009, 14:23
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: FS9 Wx Download
Replies: 7
Views: 527

The SQL project is an Internal Inventory Control program on an Intranet. It is for a friend who owns a small manufacturing company here where I live. We had looked at a large number of commercial products already available, but none were capable of doing what he wanted, so a group of us have set dow...