Search found 235 matches

by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 18:13
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Aircraft.cfg Limits ?
Replies: 20
Views: 523

Danny, WOW!!! Now this leads to more "gray matter" strain... Does having that many entries in one file cause a noticeable time lag in FS startup and/or does it allow for faster display of the 700+ A/C in the sim due to all of them being referenced from within a single set of memory sectors...
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 18:01

Thank you both,

It makes sense that there would be a limit of some kind, but not even the SDK has any info...

This leads to another ?...Is there a limit to the number of folders/sub-folders in a directory (MS-XP)?
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 17:41

Aircraft.cfg Limits ?

Could someone be so kind as to explain the technical limits of the Aircraft.cfg file regarding fltsim.x entries? Some packages I have (e.g., UGA) have 2 folders for same A/C with textures split between the two along with a warning not to combine them... Just curious about the issue and could not fin...
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 17:41
Replies: 0
Views: 18

Aircraft.cfg Limits ?

Could someone be so kind as to explain the technical limits of the Aircraft.cfg file regarding fltsim.x entries? Some packages I have (e.g., UGA) have 2 folders for same A/C with textures split between the two along with a warning not to combine them... Just curious about the issue and could not fin...
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 04:54
Topic: Fort Campbell (KHOP)?
Replies: 22
Views: 881

Ford... Thanks...My FS2004 setup is over 60GB in size and I have a lot of custom stuff that I have never released to the community. Now that I am retired from the Army I now have lots of time on my hands to do even more...at least when the wife is not keeping me busy with projects that have been put...
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 04:49
Topic: Scenery file VTPL ?
Replies: 7
Views: 166

Thank you again for the replies... It never dawned on me that I may have jumped the gun when the package was first posted. It seems if memory serves one of the USN packages last summer had a couple of corrections made to it that required subsequent downloads. In the future I will try double-checking...
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 04:35

I d/l it the day it was initially released. I watch AVSIM like a "hawk" for the MAIW releases...I will d/l a fresh copy now...Thanks a bunch... :D
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 04:31

Ford...

Thank you for your insights and I agree with the bulk of what you have said. When I started this post it was with two questions in mind: 1) Was the MAIW staff even remotely considering KHOP in any way shape or form (i.e., "no sense re-inventing the wheel" if the PRO's were interested)... 2...
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 04:21

Thanks

Thank you...

I just now installed the package to a temp folder and the textures you named are nowhere to be found. I am going to examine some other sceneries by JS that I don't have installed at the moment and go from there...at least now I know what the file is for...

:D
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 03:28

Remarks

BadPvtDan...

Good point...I did not realize the effects of the individual package FPs until I made an AFCAD for PGUA one day and then went to look. The base was loaded with MAIW Flights...

Thanks for the in-sight and food for thought :P
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 03:19

Scenery file VTPL ?

Can anyone tell me what the VTPL file in John Stinstrom's custom KRDU scenery does with the 1-130AVN package.

If I install it with the rest of the scenery my FS crashes. With it removed my FS works fine and the scenery appears to be complete....

Thanks in advance to any who can help...
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 03:10

Overkill...

Very true and well spoken... However, it might be worth considering an MAIW project built around KHOP and the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment as they fly helos found no-where else in the USA (MH-47E/G, AH/MH-6, MH-60). FP adjustment of existing MAIW packages and inclusion of KHOP in FPs o...
by msm8378
03 Feb 2009, 01:56

AF2 KHOP

Thanks for the reply DUSTOFF... I will be posting, my very first by the way, an accurate AF2 for KHOP to AVSIM by 02/07. I much appreciate the interest all have shown in KHOP. Hopefully, the much more talented folks here at MAIW in make an official package at some point with NB's terrific helicopter...
by msm8378
01 Feb 2009, 22:36

Thanks...

Thank you all for the responses... AVSIM only has an inaccurateed AFCAD for KHOP. I have been hoping that maybe John Stinstrom will turn his talents to it someday. I have FP's that I have created on my own and have been trying to dissect the latest MAIW packs using NB's AH-64 and CH-47 Helos. The 10...
by msm8378
01 Feb 2009, 20:34

Fort Campbell (KHOP)?

Hello all... A quick question regarding MAIW packages and Fort Campbell, KY (KHOP)... None of the flight plans utilize this airfield. I am retired from the US Army and was stationed here for many years and still live outside the base now. We get C-130 training traffic on a daily basis from KLRF and ...