Search found 3533 matches

by John Young
23 Nov 2019, 07:31
Forum: JYAI
Topic: AI Vehicles
Replies: 48
Views: 5877

Re: AI Vehicles

Thanks Manfred, I'll bear that in mind. Unless you want to set them up as AI vehicles yourself of course. Just name the wheels as "tires" (still and blurred) and ensure the pivot points are in the right direction and export as an aircraft. Use my FDE if you want to.

John
by John Young
22 Nov 2019, 07:42

The JYAI Vehicles package (FS9 and FSX/P3Dv4 combined) were sent for inclusion in the Download Hangar this morning. As always, please give Greg a chance to make them available. The package will be in the newly created "AI Vehicles" category. It also includes a paint kit for each of the 3 v...
by John Young
22 Nov 2019, 07:38
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 73127

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

The LC-130H/Schenectady/Stratton ANG packages (FS9 and FSX/P3Dv4) were sent for inclusion in the Download Hangar this morning. As always, please give Greg a chance to make them available.

John
by John Young
18 Nov 2019, 12:18
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Chrome and shine
Replies: 2
Views: 446

Re: Chrome and shine

Welcome to the forum johnnjolly and may you have a productive and enjoyable time here. The amount of reflection on the fuselage and the glass, is in the first instance controlled by the material settings in the model. The secondary factor is the depth of grey in the alpha channel in the .bmp or .dds...
by John Young
17 Nov 2019, 18:07

Thank you Mark, much appreciated.

John
by John Young
17 Nov 2019, 12:29

Yes, very similar to a ship AFCAD, but a ship flight plan may well have an A-B and back flight plan, or I guess, but never done it, multiple legs to various "ports". AI vehicles generally only need two A-A legs as stated.
by John Young
17 Nov 2019, 06:56

Very good question Manfred. I'm not sure if you were expecting a meaningful response, but since I think about it nearly every time I boot my PC, I can answer it quite easily, so I might as well share it. “Power” is probably better expressed as “ability” and for me that comes from repeatedly practici...
by John Young
17 Nov 2019, 06:26

Noted asdro, but let's see what people do with the 3 I've produced first. Their use requires the ability to produce an AFCAD and a flight plan. Not everyone can do that.
by John Young
17 Nov 2019, 06:22
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....
Replies: 114
Views: 12688

Re: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....

Bravo Manfred, that looks seem-less. Well done.

John
by John Young
16 Nov 2019, 22:05

No the vehicles do not have steering. It doesn't work that well at the best of times with AI aircraft, but I tried it on the vehicles and it just wasn't convincing. I'm not looking for a list of future vehicle options and paints at this point thanks. I'm not making a wholesale move into AI vehicles,...
by John Young
16 Nov 2019, 17:10

I was wondering the same thing Chris, but it would only take a couple of days to make a new model. Would a Humvee be useful?
by John Young
16 Nov 2019, 15:22

I can certainly include a paint kit asdro. As for other models, not from me at the moment, but I'll keep all options open.

John
by John Young
16 Nov 2019, 10:14

AI Vehicles

As mentioned in the JYAI C-130 topic, I decided to split out the AI vehicles that I made for Schenectady\Stratton and make a separate upload so users can better find them in the future should they want to set them up elsewhere and so I can add to them when I feel inclined. There are 3 vehicles so fa...
by John Young
16 Nov 2019, 09:43

I've had my head down for the past couple of months, trying not to get distracted from the LC-130H's and the Schenectady Airport\Stratton ANG base project and accompanying AI vehicles. It has been quite a complex undertaking, particularly with custom scenery for all 3 sim versions. I decided to spli...
by John Young
15 Nov 2019, 15:31
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: AI TSR 2
Replies: 9
Views: 1061

Re: AI TSR 2

I didn't make one John, but I have a feeling that UKMIL might have done.

John
by John Young
03 Nov 2019, 07:18
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Ark Royal FSX - AF2_HM57.bgl at sea level
Replies: 5
Views: 647

Re: Ark Royal FSX - AF2_HM57.bgl at sea level

I installed everything afresh from the two zips this morning Michael and found no problems. The deck is hard, I was sitting on it in my user aircraft and the AI Sea Harriers were performing their stuff: https://i.imgur.com/7LFEdEM.jpg I don't think it's a general problem. After nearly 4 years, other...
by John Young
02 Nov 2019, 15:32

Michael, would you mind just confirming for me, exactly what you have downloaded and installed please?

Once I know that, I'll re-install from there and see if I can replicate the problem.

John
by John Young
01 Nov 2019, 21:52

The package was produced over 3 and a half years ago Michael and I'm racking my brains as to why you are getting that result, when all is fine in my installation. It must work or the screen shots would not have been possible. I think from a distant memory that it's crucial that the flatten area load...
by John Young
01 Nov 2019, 06:12
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: KAI LAH(Light Armed Helicopter).
Replies: 6
Views: 782

Re: KAI LAH(Light Armed Helicopter).

You are doing a great job Mins. There are still plenty of FS9 users who will appreciate what you are doing.

Just keep asking questions on how to do things.

John
by John Young
29 Oct 2019, 15:22

Actually, I was thinking about a patrolling security police vehicle to go with the fire engines and ambulances. I'll finish everything else first though and perhaps come back to that before I put the project to bed.

John