The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 226 matches

by jgowing
22 Jan 2020, 16:34
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Mirroring parts in Gmax
Replies: 6
Views: 544

Re: Mirroring parts in Gmax

Thanks John; I've got there, learning something else in the process. The mirrored part was disappearing, but then I realized your picture just showed Editable Poly under the modifier list, whereas mine still included the Mirror modifier. I didn't realize I had to collapse the stack; there's a first ...
by jgowing
21 Jan 2020, 20:14
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Mirroring parts in Gmax
Replies: 6
Views: 544

Mirroring parts in Gmax

I've made a New Years resolution of sorts to learn enough about Gmax to actually build something, and I'm slowly making some progress now, albeit with a very long way to go. I'm edging forward on a project, and there are several parts that I need to mirror from left to right. I've already learned no...
by jgowing
29 Nov 2019, 15:58
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: FS9 troubleshooting with Procmon
Replies: 3
Views: 488

Re: FS9 troubleshooting with Procmon

Mystifying update: Fired up FS9 this afternoon and it was fine, but I had done nothing at all. Hard to believe there's not still an issue lurking, though.

Jon
by jgowing
28 Nov 2019, 18:42

Re: FS9 troubleshooting with Procmon

Hi Hartwig, Thanks for the quick feedback. You might be right about the x86 folder, although my FS9 has been in there all along and it's been okay until today. I've had Windows 10 for a while now (3 years or so), and it's been fine, even through numerous updates. I tried admin rights, but sadly it m...
by jgowing
28 Nov 2019, 15:23

FS9 troubleshooting with Procmon

After a long period of trouble free FS9 operation, I had a new problem: the sim would load but then hang when I got to the main menu page, either with the aircraft preview screen blacked out, or, if that was okay, the sim would hang when I then made any menu selection. I remembered reading about Pro...
by jgowing
19 Oct 2019, 21:40
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Canadair CL-215 Hellenic Air Force
Replies: 0
Views: 382

Canadair CL-215 Hellenic Air Force

I have a confession to make: when I put together the flightplans for this upload, I had a senior moment and did not realize that I was using part of the plans from the MAIW Elefsis transports package; obviously I would not have done this had I been aware. I had forgotten that the CL-215 was included...
by jgowing
12 Oct 2019, 20:19
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 72964

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Like a Cessna, but also not. Part of a wider plan?
by jgowing
03 Oct 2019, 12:46
Forum: MKAI
Topic: Mig 29 Models
Replies: 4
Views: 974

Re: Mig 29 Models

Cheers Paul, you beat me to it!
by jgowing
03 Oct 2019, 12:44
Topic: Mig 29 Models
Replies: 4
Views: 974

Re: Mig 29 Models

Nigel,

There are three downloads for Miljan's models. For the Luftwaffe textures, make sure you have part one, and that you are using 'MKAI_Mig-29_9.12_no strobe' and 'MKAI_Mig-29UB_9.51_no strobe' for the single and two seaters respectively.

Regards,

Jon
by jgowing
06 Sep 2019, 21:35
Topic: RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's
Replies: 25
Views: 3484

Re: RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's

How do you correctly set up a long flight returning to Its departure point? As far as I know, the default is to return after 15 minutes, or is that just something inaccurate I've read? Are TNG's used via a waypoint, but at high altitude does that work? Realising I might have picked up some bad habit...
by jgowing
03 Sep 2019, 11:24
Topic: Mig-29 all versions
Replies: 130
Views: 19411

Re: Mig-29 all versions

I would like to add some retro Luftwaffe repaints.

Jon G
by jgowing
12 Jul 2019, 12:40
Topic: Mig-29 all versions
Replies: 130
Views: 19411

Re: Mig-29 all versions

This thread has made me think. I am sure that time is an increasingly precious commodity for many, but I also suspect that there are some like myself who dabble but may not feel their work is of a high enough standard to share it. Maybe we should lose some of those inhibitions. Personally I agree wi...
by jgowing
16 Mar 2019, 23:12
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: FSX Battle of Britain
Replies: 170
Views: 7402

Re: FSX Battle of Britain

Or Hornchurch (thanks uncle Derek)..
by jgowing
16 Mar 2019, 22:07
Topic: FSX Battle of Britain
Replies: 170
Views: 7402

Re: FSX Battle of Britain

I completely agree with everything Firebird and others have said. I'd just like to clarify and hope that as far as I know, North Weald is still with us, although Kenley fades.

Tangmere springs to mind as a good starting point..

Jon G
by jgowing
23 Dec 2018, 09:38
Topic: Panavia Tornado
Replies: 285
Views: 26367

Re: Panavia Tornado

Yes, well said. Outstanding work from John as always.

Jon G
by jgowing
04 Dec 2018, 16:09
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: UTT AS350 flying behaviour
Replies: 7
Views: 733

Re: UTT AS350 flying behaviour

Didn't UTT do something unusual with at least some of their helicopter models in order to achieve an allegedly realistic approach and hover to landing? Although a seemingly attractive feature, I recall it came at the price of a major downside in requiring even more unusual bespoke Afcad files withou...
by jgowing
28 Nov 2018, 18:53
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: Retro RAF Transport Command Aircraft for FS9
Replies: 11
Views: 2236

Re: Retro RAF Transport Command Aircraft for FS9

VulcanDriver had a Bassett underway a while back, maybe that one could make a nice companion for the resurrected Andover..

Jon G
by jgowing
14 Nov 2018, 17:26
Topic: Augusta Wesland AW139
Replies: 111
Views: 16168

Re: Augusta Wesland AW139

Many thanks to all involved on this project. I'm in the process of setting up the Italian fleet and airfields using Bismarck's instructions, and so far everything looks great, especially with Pratica di Mare now full of Avantis, too! I've also added Mark's Irish repaints, and I have a query concerni...
by jgowing
18 Oct 2018, 19:09
Topic: Mdl Tweaker II
Replies: 5
Views: 676

Re: Mdl Tweaker II

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried to use it lately, but I never got any changes to appear in FS9. I also wondered if it might be a Windows 10 issue.

Jon G
by jgowing
10 Aug 2018, 05:59
Topic: Augusta Wesland AW139
Replies: 111
Views: 16168

Re: Augusta Wesland AW139

Great work as ever, John; one of my favourites, too. And many repaint possibilities, not least the offshore crowd. Looking forward to this.

Jon G